Our vision: a library for all in a changing world.
- An exciting opportunity to contribute to the delivery of State Library Victoria's programs, exhibitions and events
- 6 x casual roles based in Melbourne CBD
- Attractive VPS 2.1 hourly rate between $34.64 - $39.56 + 10% superannuation
About the opportunity
You will become a member of the Audience Engagement branch. The branch is responsible for:
- Developing programs, exhibitions and partnerships to engage the Library's audiences
- Curation, design and delivery of exhibitions
- Development and delivery of programs and events
- Partnership development and community management to support Library programs
Reporting to the Production Manager, your key accountabilities will include:
- Providing exceptional customer service and venue support, including venue supervision and set-up, wayfinding, registrations and venue access
- Assisting in the effective delivery of programs
- Creating positive audience experiences
This role often operates outside standard business hours.
For more information about the role, please refer to the position description.
As our ideal candidate: you will have/be:
- Aptitude to operate audio visual and computer equipment
- Experience in a front-line customer service role and providing service excellence
- Good listening skills and ability to follow directions
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to manage competing and changing priorities
- Outstanding stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- A problem solver and team player
- Adaptable, collaborative and proactive
State Library Victoria promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, people from cultural and linguistical diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ and people of all ages and abilities to apply.
Culture and Benefits
We are committed to developing and supporting a high performing workforce and an inclusive work environment. As a State Library Victoria employee, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Career advancement opportunities across a range of disciplines: information management, conservation, preservation, digitisation, curatorship, philanthropy, communications, information technology, strategy, policy, governance, finance and procurement, human resources and more
- Transparent performance framework - approach your work with confidence in how you are tracking, working to professional development plans agreed on by you and your manager
- Professional development opportunities, including assignment and secondment opportunities, internal and external learning opportunities and Victorian Public Sector employee networks (e.g. diversity & inclusion groups, new ways of working group, etc)
- Generous leave entitlements, including 20 days of annual leave, 18 days of paid personal leave, 16 weeks of paid parental leave, purchased leave, study leave, multicultural leave, family violence leave and more
- Flexible working arrangements, including changes in hours of work, patterns of work and work area
- Salary packaging, including salary sacrifice arrangements
- Discount on public transport
- Health and wellbeing programs, including employee assistance program, annual flu vaccination
Find out more about our inclusion, diversity and access initiatives.
State Library Victoria is overseen by Creative Victoria, part of the Victorian Government's Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions, and reports to the Minister for Creative Industries.
It is Australia's oldest public library. Over more than 160 years, we have collected almost 5.5 million items including books, manuscripts, serials, photographs, artworks, maps and ephemera. Each year we add more than 70,000 heritage items to the Library's rich collection.
We strengthen communities and inspire participation with a full calendar of free exhibitions, events, talks, workshops and children's programming every season.
Our staff are passionate, motivated, professional, welcoming and proud to work in one of Melbourne's most prized architectural jewels and best-loved cultural icons. We treasure our rich heritage and collection, and are excited by the Library's future as a place that inspires possibilities for all Victorians.
Find out more about our values, goals and strategy.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to submit your application via Careers.Vic, attaching the following documents:
- Cover letter (maximum 3 pages) summarising how you meet the key selection criteria in the position description
We want all applicants to have an equal opportunity to demonstrate that they are the best person for the job. If you require an adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email our People and Projects team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Australian Eastern Time 11:59pm Sunday, 31 October 2021
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.