Seeking an APS4 Business Support Officer for a 6-month assignment - previous Government experience essential
Your new role
The division provides financial and management advice and support to the department, the offices of the minister and assistant ministers and to industry stakeholders. to maintain financial sustainability. The branch provides and/or manages: all property services including oversight of facilities management, leasing and construction; national contracts including facilities management, fleet, uniforms and stationery; regional business support including financial services, records management, fleet coordination, property services and corporate reporting; a single-entry point for whole of government crisis management; and the department's business continuity program.
- provide finance, procurement management and contract management.
- assisting with the management of fleet vehicles, accounts payable and uniforms
- assisting in project management
- general spreadsheet management
- administration tasks as required including front counter duties, mail, records management and ad hoc work as required
- provide a level of client service in regard to liaison with departmental managers, employees and service providers
- assisting with facilities management activities
- assist in asset activities including purchasing, paperwork, register management, audits and annual stocktakes
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong experience in finance, procurement, and contract management.
- Strong level of computer literacy with well-developed skills in the use of Financial Management Information systems.
- Strong research and analytical skills, coupled with well-developed writing skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility and resilience to manage competing priorities and work under pressure within defined timeframes
- Ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team
- Ability to lead projects to deliver quality outcomes
- WHS knowledge
This Department thrives when our teams are made up of people from different backgrounds, cultures, genders, education, training and skills. Skills and capabilities form the selection criteria that candidates will be assessed against.
Citizenship - To be eligible for employment with the Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment you must be an Australian citizen.
Pre-employment Check - Your suitability for employment will be assessed through a pre-employment screening process. This process includes a requirement to undergo and satisfy a National Police Check, referee checks, character clearance and where required a pre-employment medical assessment, specified mandatory qualification(s) validation and a probation period of 6 months.
The successful applicant must: hold and maintain a valid Australian motor vehicle drivers' licence
What you'll get in return
You'll get the opportunity to work in a cohesive team supporting a high-profile committee and developing strong relationships across this large agency. In return for your dedication and hard work you'll be rewarded with an on-going 6 month and support provided by a dynamic and collaborative
SA Licence number : LHS 297508
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.