Why Tasbuilt Homes?
Tasbuilt Homes is a dynamic, growing company with a strong presence in the construction market in Tasmania. Everyone in our team is focussed on delivering quality residential and commercial buildings to our customers across Tasmania. We are an energetic, enthusiastic and committed team. If this is the environment you want to work in, Tasbuilt Homes is for you.
Our values are important to us. Our values are underpinned by four behaviours being:
- Honesty (uphold transparency and integrity at all times),
- Respect (a caring and all-inclusive nature; be a team player)
- Pursue excellence (strive to achieve the highest standards, take initiative and challenge the status quo; Learn from our mistakes.)
- Commitment (Do it right the first time. Do what I say I will. Work hard for the good of all).
If you want to be part of this values-led team, then we would love to hear from you for this role.
Who is Tasbuilt Homes?
Tasbuilt Homes, a leading Tasmanian modular home builder, is committed to recruiting outstanding individuals who share our passion for delivering quality, service and creating the Australian Family Dream. To find out more about us, visit our website. https://www.tasbuilthomes.com.au/about-us Our Head Office is in Westbury, and a successful applicant would be expected to work from Westbury.
The position of Finance Officer is a key role in supporting and keeping to account the sales and production team so we deliver on our promise. This position has become available due to another team member moving interstate.
The roles of the position would include, but is not limited to:
- Onboarding new employees through the HR system
- Updating and managing employee files ensuring up to date
- Weekly payroll, monthly superannuation, single touch payroll, payslips & lodgement of PAYG
- Prepare relevant management payroll reports
- Assist with entering and collating invoices for payment
- Debtor invoicing
- End of month journals and reconciliations
- Coordinating rebate claims
- Credit card reconciliations
- Responding to accounts queries
- Generation of Customer Invoices, Credit Notes & Statements
- Processing telephone payments and provision of receipts
- Maintenance of Client & Supplier details in various systems
- Reception duties
- Over time, back up Finance Manager roles & responsibilities
Ideally you will possess the following skills:
- Be friendly, approachable, and willing to pitch in during busy periods (eg. end of financial year)
- Have strong attention to detail and enjoy the meticulous nature of accounts work
- Have a customer service mentality and be willing to help others
- Have 2+ years experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role
- Have exposure to electronic accounting packages (MYOB preferred) and the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Handles confidential financial and personal information appropriately
- Ability to communicate at all levels and impart knowledge through training
- Proven initiative, solid problem-solving skills and ability to work autonomously and part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A qualification such as Cert IV in Accounting & Bookkeeping or a Bachelor of Business would be advantageous but is not essential; you may have gained knowledge through experience.
If wanting to discuss this position, please phone 03 6393 1013 and ask for Accounts, or email your resume to email@example.com
- How many years of accounting experience do you have?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?
- Do you have experience using MYOB?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.