Youth and Family Worker - PIVOT Crime Prevention
- Location: Frankston
- Conditions: Part time, 3 days per week, contract until 30 June, 2022.
- Great Salary Packaging plus 17.5% annual leave loading
Are you a passionate Youth and Family Worker who enjoys the challenge of working at the centre of an integrated and colloborative team? Do you like the idea of contributing to a nonprofit organisation supporting young people at risk? Then the role of Youth and Family Worker might be for you!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Youth Crime Prevention Grants program is part of the Victorian Government’s response to youth offending, particularly recidivist offending, tackling the issue through the proven strategy of strengthening the ability of local communities intervening early and diverting young people from criminal behaviour.
YSAS is the lead agency to a consortium of partners who will deliver the Crime Prevention Program (Pivot) in the LGA’s of Frankston, Casey and Dandenong. In Frankston, the program will work with a targeted cohort of young people and their families, identified by statutory bodies, addressing risk/protective factors through tailored support; delivered by a Youth and Family Worker.
Based at Whitelion’s Frankston office, this role will involve:
- Managing a small case load, providing intensive long term case work and service co-ordination (including intensive assertive outreach activities)
- Conducting comprehensive, holistic, family inclusive and strength based assessments which inform care plans that address presenting needs such as housing, health, safety, education, employment and social activities
- Developing and maintaining referral networks and pathways with stakeholders (police, courts, legal services, family services, schools, education/ skills providers etc.)
- Facilitating family based interventions which promote stronger cohesion between young people and their families including facilitating family meetings as well as communication and problem solving skills training
YOU WILL HAVE:
- Relevant qualifications in Youth Work, Social Work, Community Services or other health related qualifications (i.e. Social Work, Youth Work, Family Studies, etc.) and/or extensive experience in the field;
- Expertise and/ or experience in working with young people at risk and their families
- Well organised but able to flex and manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication, as well as highly developed interpersonal, coaching and consultative skills
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills and ability to deliver innovative solutions
- Supreme tact, sensitivity, and diplomacy; ability to think on feet and act proactively with discretion
- Commitment to personal learning, development, and improvement in pursuit of own performance objectives and those of the team and organisation
WHO WE ARE
Whitelion is passionate about creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity. Our vision is for a world where no young person is left behind, where all young people have the right to equitable opportunities to reach their potential. We exist to build positive connections and pathways to work for young people at risk. Success depends on the voice and lived experience of highly vulnerable, high risk young people, systems around them and the Whitelion community.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- Great salary packaging plus 17.5% annual leave loading
- An additional three (3) days gifted leave per year between Christmas and New Year plus two days well-being leave
- Great team environment and organisational support
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday, 5th November and should be sent to: Gillian Clegg, Southern Area Manager at Gillian.Clegg@whitelion.asn.au using the subject line: Youth and Family Worker - PIVOT Crime Prevention Program.
To be considered for this position applicants will need to provide a resume and cover letter addressing why you are interested in working at Whitelion, what you will bring to the organisation and the skills and attributes relevant to the role.
For further information please contact Gillian Clegg, Area Manager at the above email address.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.