At SPOTLESS we employ over 36,000 people in Australia and New Zealand within a variety of roles. We provide expertise tailored to key industry sectors that include Health, Business & Industry, Resources, Defence, PPP, Leisure, Sport & Entertainment, Laundries, Education and Government.
We're passionate about finding better ways of doing things. For our customers. And for you.
Find out more at https://www.spotless.com/
About the Role
Spotless is the lead contractor for the Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) to the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
Due to continued growth, we currently have an opportunity for an Assistant Project Delivery Manager to join our state team. In this position you will be responsible for supporting the Defence Estate Works Program Office (DEWPO) Project Delivery Managers to meet the objectives within the Project Delivery service line a desire to learn, develop and progress in our industry. You could potentially be a current APDM looking to work on more significant and healthier pipeline of projects or a contract administrator looking to move into Project Management. The role gives you the ability to learn, progress and develop and to encourage maximum contributions of all participants in the project and focus these to maximise outcomes for all stakeholders, and help oversee the overall requirement from Defence for the delivery of DEWPO projects in the Spotless Region.
This full-time role will report to the DEWPO Estate Development Manager and key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assisting the DEWPO Project Delivery Manager(s) and the overall DEWPO team in overseeing, planning, managing and delivering projects for Defence’s DEWPO and Downer Defence.
- Implement The Downer Standard (TDS) and Defence processes to enable the planning, management, delivery and handover of projects
Our employees are the face of Spotless and play a pivotal role in delivering the service commitment we have made to our clients. This role is suited to results driven individuals with a high level of interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to plan their work to meet strict deadlines and the changing needs of the business.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree qualifications in the industry (preferred), in particular project management, building and construction, engineering or architecture
- Experience in the industry (desirable but not mandatory), in particular project management, building and construction, engineering, architecture or asset management, including understanding of the NCC (BCA) and relevant Australian Standards;
- Suitability for Defence security clearance (Australian Citizenship Mandatory)
- Asbestos Awareness Trained (desirable)
- Blue/White Construction Safety Card (desirable)
- High level knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products, Excel and Word
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Sound commercial acumen with the ability to analyse data and make business recommendations
- Highly articulate with effective oral and written communication skills including report writing
- Ability to identify and drive continuous improvement and innovation initiatives
- Highly effective planning, reporting and prioritising skills
The successful candidates will possess a strong work ethic, is flexible and adaptable to change and can achieve the highest level of safety, quality of work and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service.
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities - Spotless creates an environment which realises the potential of our people
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
To apply online please click the 'apply' button below.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police and Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.