Lyndons is a family-owned Australian business that has been supplying tools, equipment and materials to the building and construction industry for over 100 years. With multiple branches and steel processing facilities throughout Queensland, Lyndons is committed to employing people to join their team that are passionate about providing exceptional customer service and want to be part of a collaborative and positive team.
We value our people and provide:
- Uniforms and employee discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Work life balance – no night shift!
- Access to FREE counselling for team members and their families
We are looking for several experienced Yard Operatives to join our new site based at Pinkenba. Working a day shift as part of a small team this role is responsible for the productivity of the yard on a day-to-day basis and ensuring the operational, loading and unloading tasks are performed in a safe and timely manner. Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with deliveries, un-loading and loading of vehicles at the branch
- Checking deliveries to ensure products are received in good order and quantities match delivery paperwork
- Promptly deliver all paperwork to the Admin Office for processing
- Checking dispatch paperwork to ensure products and quantities match
- Complete equipment and machinery operation pre-start checks to ensure equipment is in safe working order.
- Promptly report any equipment, machinery, or site safety concerns to management.
- Ensure site is kept clean and free of debris, rubbish or hazards.
Ideally you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar yard / warehouse environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders
- Experience with receiving, processing, and shipping orders
- Experience in unloading shipping containers
- Hold a current Forklift license
This is a true opportunity to get your foot in the door with a long-established Queensland company, learn new skills and advance your career just press apply to be considered.
A willingness to learn, positive CAN DO attitude and your ability to exceed customer expectations will see you succeed at Lyndons.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Yard Labourer?
- What is the maximum weight that you are comfortable and able to lift?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.