AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect.
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced and motivated HR Systems Administrator to join our close knit HR Team based at our Sunshine site. The role supports managers and employees from numerous departments across both Australia and New Zealand.
- Take, investigate and resolve first line calls and e-mails to the People Services desk in line with turn-around time SLA’s and quality standards on HR transactional topics such as: pay, time, benefits, HR system support.
- Respond to first-line questions and cases and register and control client cases in the administrative system
- Provide customers with knowledge, information or advice in case of first-line questions and cases and/or refer complex questions or questions that require follow-up to HR Services second line specialist.
- Maintain local organization structure within core HR system; create or modify organizational units and positions after promotions and transfers
- Fostering a constructive dialogue with HR Business Partners, HR Operations Managers & Advisors, and regional / local Center of Expertise to ensure customers are experiencing “One HR” support” (Winning Together)
- Create employment contracts, (confirmation) letters and memos
- Manage benefit enrollments, handle benefit administration and determine employee eligibility
- Ensuring employee records, both paper-based and electronic, are up to date and accurate.
- Leads creation and maintenance of policies and content on local HR Portal.
Payroll & time
- Maintain payroll processing schedules and related tasks/events, ensure effective transition and coordination of processing events between People Services and cross-Business Unit HR Operations teams
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies. Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
To succeed in this role you will:
- have 2-6 years relevant working experience
- Bachelors degree preferably in HR
- Strong customer services orientation
- Ability to interpret and apply the HR policies and procedures
- Proactively collaborate with project team members/Centers of Expertise to ensure timely, efficient and accurate deliverables
- Flexible and stress resistant
- Accurate, attention to detail and self-standing
- In depth experience with HR supporting technology and capability to quickly learn new technology.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and confidence to effectively work with all levels of the organization
Exposure to a unionised environment preferred. This role services Australia and New Zealand.
What’s on Offer?
- Great team environment
- High performance work culture
- Opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, forward your cover letter, resume and details of qualifications to the AkzoNobel Human Resources team via Apply button.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a People Services Specialist?
- How many years' experience do you have in generalist HR?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.