Join tight-knit and supportive team of planning professionals, working across a diverse and engaging suite of projects to make an impact in the industry. Flexible working arrangements available for the right candidate.
Tract is a national planning and design practice specialising in town planning, urban design, landscape architecture and associated digital media.
As planners and designers our charter is to deliver sustainable and memorable solutions, shaping places for living, leisure and work, and the infrastructure that supports and connects these places. We do this by harnessing the strength and diversity of our collective expertise.
Our comprehensive planning and design service offer, and the size of our practice provide the capacity to address projects of all scales and complexities.
Tract seeks a dynamic Town Planner/Senior Town Planner to join our Victorian team in either our Geelong or Melbourne office as we continue to grow. This is both a statutory and strategic planning role and the successful applicant will be exposed to projects across a range of sectors.
For this role we are particularly looking for a town planner with expertise in delivering greenfield projects to assist our immediate resourcing need in that area.
A successful applicant will have:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in town planning.
- Post graduate experience in the Victorian planning system.
- A solid understanding of the Planning and Environment Act, Victoria Planning Provisions and associated policies.
- Demonstrated capabilities in statutory and/or strategic planning projects of various complexities and dealing with a variety of stakeholders.
- Awareness of current planning, development, economic, social and environmental issues.
- An enthusiastic, proactive and commercial attitude.
- The ability to build rapport with clients and stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A genuine passion for planning.
Be part of a design-focused firm with a national presence, working alongside our wonderful urban design and landscape architecture teams, all the while with a people-oriented environment, backed by supportive teammates.
It’s all about diversity. We support our staff by offering the flexibility to partly work from home, in the office and on a part-time arrangement. In this role you will gain exposure to a mix of high-profile projects and a range of sectors across Victoria, including:
- new communities
- central city developments
- infill and mixed use
- renewable energy
- strategic planning project work with state and local government
- masterplans, development plans and activity centre plans
- a multitude of other opportunities.
Tract also offers a wide range of benefits to staff including:
- Professional development – opportunities to attend conferences / seminars / courses, and working with in-house, design-based disciplines
- Career development – clear career path & opportunities
- Mentoring – work alongside and learn directly from well-known leaders in the industry
- Paid parental leave, scholarships, income protection insurance, employee assistance program and wellbeing program
Conveniently situated opposite Flinders Street Station in Southbank, our contemporary office has an open plan arrangement, sweeping city and river views and state-of-the-art end of trip facilities for those wanting to ride, run or walk to work.
Interested? Apply directly via seek.
For more information about Tract visit www.tract.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.