Crawford & Company is the world’s largest publicly listed provider of claims management solutions to the risk management and insurance industry. We are self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries.
Our Mission & Vision:
To provide leading and trusted expert assistance to our customers to help them enhance lives and restore businesses and communities in Australia and globally. We also aim to be the leading provider and most trusted source for expert assistance, serving those who insure and self-insure the risk of businesses and communities globally.
We promote our RESTORE values throughout the business and the work they do. This means demonstrating at all times respect, empowerment, sustainability, training, one Crawford, recognition and entrepreneurial spirit.
About the Role:
Our national domestic unit is seeking a career-minded individual to join its dynamic team in the capacity of Claims Consultant (Internal Loss Adjuster). The role will involve managing a portfolio of property claims and require strong stakeholder engagement, including compliance with service level agreements, key performance indicators and technical referrals.
- Manage a portfolio of property claims
- Providing support and advice to policyholders during the claims process
- Examine claim forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverage
- Assess claims by conducting office-based analysis of physical damage details, interviewing claimants and comparing claim information with evidence
- Set loss reserves and update when changes in circumstances become apparent
- Prepare reports by collecting and summarising information required
- Settle claims after determining the insurance carrier’s liability
You’re a problem solver by nature and want to join a firm that values the kind of people who reimagine what is possible for their clients.
You will have previous experience in commercial or domestic claims, however a background in exceptional customer service will be considered. We are looking for an applicant ideally with a domestic insurance background or the field of Business, Structural Design or Law, along with a passion for customer service.
You will be willing to learn and understanding of General Insurance regulations and laws that affect insurance practices. You will be responsible for maintaining Crawford’s reputation and integrity by complying with them. We will also provide Internal training.
You'll also be a people person and have the ability to demonstrate a caring, empathetic and positive outlook approach as a leader. In addition, you will be thorough and logical and able to make rational decisions in a fast-paced environment and be happy always to go the extra mile.
- Preferred experience in commercial and /or domestic claims is preferred;
- Great customer service skills
- Thorough knowledge of insurance terminology, practices and conditions
- Report writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills (relationship building)
- General Insurance related qualifications are preferred; however not essential
We encourage people of all genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for this role
How to apply:
To submit your application, please apply online using the appropriate link. We look forward to meeting you soon.
Please note: It is the policy of Crawford & Company that all successful employees consent to a national police check.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have loss adjustment experience?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.