Aerometrex is a geospatial tech company with a focus on providing data driven insights for a range of industries. As a preferred supplier to the private & public sector, we have over 40 years of experience in areas such as aerial imagery and mapping, 3D modelling and airborne LIDAR. Aerometrex also offers a subscription-based service known as MetroMap, which gives users easy access to high-quality 2D imagery, 3D reality mesh models and LIDAR-derived products.
Opportunities have become available for 2 x Airborne Sensor Operators - Photo to join our aviation team, based in any Australian capital city.
The Airborne Sensor Operator - Photo plays a key role in data acquisition for the organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for the operation of various digital aerial camera systems, LiDAR systems, GNSS and IMU recording instruments as well as monitoring and reporting of key components to daily airborne operations.
This role is best suited to an adventurous individual who is able and willing to travel for long periods, unencumbered and at short notice.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Evaluating sun angles, tidal and weather forecasts for projects.
- Assist in the submission of flight planning to Air Traffic Control and pilot.
- Evaluate accommodation and transport options for field operations.
- Participate in pre-flight and post flight safety checks.
- Assist with equipment installation, alignment, calibration, and testing.
- Operation of airborne LiDAR and/or digital imagery systems and ancillary systems.
- Recording and upload of flight logs and daily reports.
- Monitoring in flight quality of sensor data, trajectories and overall flight performance.
- Assist in the routine maintenance and troubleshooting of sensors and other in-flight equipment.
- QC of data and trajectories.
- Dispatch field data in a timely fashion.
What you'll need (essential requirements):
- Love of flying / travel
- Ability to work unsupervised, troubleshoot and make decisions on the fly
- Ability to travel at short notice
- Understanding of aerial survey technologies.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Above average computer troubleshooting skills.
- Valid passport and full driver's license.
- Uninhibited colour vision.
- Ability to work as a critical member of a team.
- Employment subject to Aviation Security Identification Card clearance.
What we'd like (desirable requirements):
- Tertiary qualification or experience in the Geospatial (or similar) industry.
- Keen interest in photographic principles, aviation and technology.
- Basic knowledge in the set up and operation survey equipment.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic and sometimes challenging field environment.
- Keen analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Previous experience in aerial survey operations will be strongly regarded.
Why work with us
Aerometrex is committed to professional excellence with a focus on innovation and team development. We value our team members and offer a supportive work environment in which to grow.
If you’re interested in developing your career in the geospatial industry and you're committed to producing high quality work while contributing to team outcomes, we’d like to hear from you! Please send a cover letter and resume to Nadia Cantini – Aerometrex HR via the seek application process.
*We thank all applicants for their interest in this role however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*No recruitment agencies please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.