As one of Queensland's leading independent schools, catering for boys from Prep to Year 12 through the outstanding education offered to day and boarding students, we have developed innovative approaches to address the specific learning needs of boys. Offering an inspiring, modern and technologically rich learning environment to its nearly 1100 students (including Boarding Students), the school has an enviable reputation for intellectual leadership and academic achievement.
We are now seeking the expertise of a highly motivated and knowledgable ICT Database and Systems Administrator to join our team of ICT professionals in a Full Time capacity.
Working with the ICT Manager, you are expected to:
- Develop and maintain custom reports using PowerBI
- Assist with management duty’s in manager's absence
- Responsible for performance, integrity, and security of all MS SQL Server databases
- Research, implement and maintain data integration between Office 365, SIS, LMS and other systems used to provide automation where possible.
- Assist with Equipment Testing and Project Implementations
- Liaise with external vendors as required
- Troubleshoot L1, L2 and L3 software, hardware, and network support, and diagnose system faults and to resolve or externally escalate them when required.
- Assist in the Maintenance of Wired and Wireless Network infrastructure
- Research, implement and management of Microsoft Services i.e. Azure, Automate and Office 365 environments
- Provide service excellence to the Staff and Students of the College in relation to IT matters including AV Technical support
- Work in a team to ensure high "contact availability" to staff and students.
- Provide Training to staff and students as required
- Create PowerShell and API scripting where required
- Research and Development of SharePoint sites where required
- Other duties as required for efficient operation of IT, AV, Print, Library, and eLearning Services
The successful candidate will possess:
- Possession of a degree preferably related to Systems Administration or equivalent qualification.
- Proven Information & Communication Technologies experience, preferably in an educational environment.
- Possession of training in SQL and PowerBI related applications with proven experience.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a small team environment
- Ability to liaise professionally and confidently with staff, trustees, students, parents, and external stakeholders.
Only applicants with current Blue Cards or the ability to successfully obtain one will be considered.
To be considered for this position, applications must include:
- Covering Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Position Commencement Date: ASAP
Applications close Friday 12 November 2021
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have technical support experience?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in ICT?
- How many years' experience do you have using SQL queries?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.