Senior Civil Engineer / Design Team Leader
Owing to ongoing growth in workload, Martens & Associates is seeking Senior Civil Engineer / Design Team Leader experienced in 12d grading, stormwater or flooding to join our busy civil engineering group based in Hornsby, NSW.
Martens is a well established multidisciplinary professional engineering consulting firm that provides a full range of civil, geotechnical and environmental engineering and town planning services and whose business is built on the quality of its staff. We believe that the skills, capability and enthusiasm of our people give us our competitive advantage.
We are seeking candidates that take pride in their work, have a positive attitude, are punctual, reliable, hardworking and able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
It is essential for the applicants to have:
- Civil Engineering degree recognised by Engineers Australia.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in consulting engineering firm and civil design.
- Demonstrated local (NSW) civil design experience in land development, grading, earthworks, local roads, stormwater or flood modelling.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with external parties including clients, authorities, other consultants and contractors.
- Proficient report and business writing skills in English.
- Permanent full time Australian work rights (no temporary visa holders).
- NSW full driver licence.
The applicant’s personal attributes should also include:
- The ability to work in a diverse and multidisciplinary team environment.
- Good English written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive, proactive and can do attitude.
- Being motivated, team player, organised and eager to learn.
- A well organised approach and attention to details.
- A professional but friendly personality.
Any of the following experiences and qualities will be considered favourable:
- Demonstrated experience in leading multidisciplinary civil design teams.
- Proficiency in road and earthworks design and modelling using 12d.
- Proficiency in drainage network design, modelling and analysis, preferably using 12d.
- Proficiency in WSUD design and modelling using DRAINS and MUSIC.
- Proficiency in flood studies, remediation, management and modelling using TUFLOW, preferably via QGIS.
- Competent in CAD software packages, preferably AutoCAD or BricsCAD.
- Familiar with GIS software packages, preferably QGIS.
- Familiar with computer coding and scripting using VBA, 12dPL, AutoLISP, Python or PyQGIS.
The role involves working from our Hornsby office on projects with a wide range of civil engineering works including:
- Civil engineering design of regrading, earthworks, local roads, etc.
- Development of site water quality, quantity and drainage solutions.
- Property and development drainage assessment.
- Flood assessments, remediation and management plans.
Salary is negotiable on the basis of experience. We encourage direct applications (not via recruiters).
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume, including relevant transcripts of attained qualifications and contactable work referees, via this advertisement or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference [CivilTTL211102] and your full name in the email subject.
Soroush Ziaee / Andrew Norris
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Have you completed a qualification in civil engineering?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Civil Design Engineer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.