Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multi-discipline consultancy that has been established for over 40 years. We have an open management structure that embodies a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce for all our employees.
We currently employ over 400+ team members across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC. We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
As our Sydney Civil Engineering team continues to experience growth, we are now in need of an Senior Civil Engineer to join our team. This position presents an opportunity for career growth and increased responsibility, where you will play a key role in managing and delivering a diverse range of projects in various sectors including Residential, Education, Industrial, Land development and Public domain.
Our team delivers various types of technically challenging projects across urban renewal / development and municipal infrastructure (earthworks, storm water, sewer, water, pavements and road design, among others).
As part of our growing team, your strong hands-on skills for design of roads, bulk earthworks and drainage will be complemented by the ability to effectively manage and communicate project requirements. To succeed in this role, you will be experienced in multi-discipline project delivery, utilising a variety of civil design packages.
A strong attraction of Northrop is the ability to set your own agenda and act upon your own strategic thinking. In addition to autonomy, you will have the support and guidance of being part of a wider inter-regional multi-disciplinary team. Joining an industry-leading team, you will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
We are looking for someone who wants to take control of their career and is able to successfully operate in a highly autonomous, yet supportive, environment. This is a unique role and opportunity and is not for everyone. The role will include managing projects autonomously and assisting in mentoring and growing the less experienced members of a small team in collaboration with the team leader.
Applications are sought from candidates with the following attributes:
- 8 + years of proven local experience as a competent consulting engineer, with experience in preparing detailed design and documentation of roads, intersections, pavements, earthworks,stormwater drainage and service coordination.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and goals simultaneously, whilst working autonomously
- Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering
- Understanding of local government regulatory frameworks and statuary compliance requirements
- Experience with civil design packages, 12D Model (basic understanding at the very least), AutoCAD, Drains and Music.
- Excellent communication skills - able to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly
- Carry out forward planning of resourcing and be organised to maximise efficiency
- Creative problem solving skills to continually finds ways to overcome challenges and obstacles
- Strong team ethic to work collaboratively across functional groups in a manner that promotes the wellbeing of the team and section
In return, you will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and reach your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
If you are ready to advance to the next stage of your career, please click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your application. To arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment & Talent Consultant Jeremy Olaivar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct candidates only.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.