Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Our established and growing Sydney Civil team is looking for a Civil Engineer at an intermediate level within the Urban Development, Land Development, Buildings and water sector to join us on a permanent basis.
This role will see you provide engineering services predominantly within the urban development, land development, water and building services sectors.
Applicants will have a good technical design background and strong consulting engineering, and project delivery skills.
Successful candidates will be developed in a professional and personal sense and provided with an opportunity to forge a challenging and rewarding career path in a successful consultancy.
Day to day tasks would involve:
- Assist other members of the project team
- Lead projects dependent on experience
- Contribute to the development of the section
- Facilitate delivering excellent designs
- Participate in meetings with clients and other consultants
- Assist with delivering projects
- Report and specification writing
- Adhere to professional standards, ethics and Stantec quality procedures
- Manage Client service expectations and commitments for your projects
- Technical design and documentation
- Contract administration and Superintendence
To be successful for this role you'll need:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering is required within minimum 2 years post-graduate civil engineering experience
- Experience in urban development, building services and water design
- Ability to undertake a range of drafting duties using AutoCAD. Willingness to learn basic 3D Modelling in Civil 3D and 12D will be required in order to deliver a high level of technical service to internal and external clients
- Manage and deliver drafting / design urban and land development work packages
- Produce calculations, specifications and drawings to ensure that technical design will provide the appropriate solution
- Ensure efficient transfer of design into drawings through application of 3D Modelling, design detailing, supplier information, industry standards and Stantec CAD standards
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative and think outside the box
- Positive, can-do attitude
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
- Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part-time employment.
- Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
- Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
- Professional Memberships
- Income Continuance Insurance (ICI)
- Service Recognition Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resources, environmental, water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
Please apply online. No agency applications will be accepted.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.