Here at Taylors, we are a leading development consultancy recognised in our industry for providing first class outcomes to our client base across the infrastructure, urban development and built environment markets for nearly 60 years. Built on a foundation of relationships, innovation and expertise we have a team of over 170 talented professionals delivering outcomes to our communities across Town Planning, Urban Design, Surveying, Civil Engineering, Project Management and Corporate Services.
The Design Lead will be responsible and accountable for land development and Infrastructure projects. This role will need someone who has the confidence and ambition to step up as a 2IC for their Manager in relation to project delivery and processes and undertake pre sales activity as required. Most importantly you will play a pivotal role in the application of professional knowledge, expertise, and leadership to ensure Taylors provides clients with high quality, innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions.
How You will Contribute
- Apply knowledge and expertise to deliver design engineering solutions for projects
- Act as a senior design representative for the business, liaising with clients and contractors
- Lead and manage a small team of Engineers
- Apply engineering standards, methods and expertise to complex design requirements
- Model scenarios and a range of solutions
- Produce and maintain the required design documents and records
- Work in conjunction with the drafting team, providing guidance, support and clarity
- Understand the commercial context and ensure tenders and proposals have been fully costed and are fit for purpose
- Apply strong project management disciplines to ensure projects are delivered on time, to standard and to budget
- Keep up to date on innovative methods and approaches
- 10+ years engineering experience
- Sound knowledge of civil engineering design within a land development context
- Experience leading small teams
- Experience engaging with a diverse range of clients
- Effective communication skills and ability to liaise with clients, contractors, suppliers and regulatory authorities
- Team spirit skills to engage positively with our people
- Willing to learn and to grow
The Taylors Difference
Here at Taylors, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture of belonging, growth, innovation and providing you with every opportunity to contribute to both business and personal success. We bring our full selves to work each day and work alongside extremely talented, supportive and dedicated teams.
We are a truly flexible workplace where you can choose to work from home or the office. Free parking is available for times you are in the office.
This isn't a full list of course...we feel we have a lot to offer you!
If you would like to know more about what we can offer you, we would like to hear from you!
Please click on the 'Apply' button today and apply with your Resume.
No Agencies please.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.