Junior Project Engineer
Doosan GridTech™ is a technology firm that delivers design services, innovative control and optimisation software, as well as system integration services to electric utilities, helping them turn distributed energy resources – such as energy storage and solar PV into valuable contributors – into grid reliability and sound economics. We aim to be the global leader in delivering technology solutions for the emerging digital, distributed grid, a critical component of the world’s clean energy future.
Doosan GridTech currently has an outstanding career opportunity for a Junior Project Engineer to join our growing Australian team based in Brisbane. As a recent graduate, the Junior Project Engineer is responsible for engineering and technical disciplines needed to complete the project. By leveraging on recently acquired experience, the Junior Project Engineer plans part of the project, define the project criteria and ensure proper implementation of the project element by referencing relevant literature and project specific documentation. This position is based Brisbane, Australia.
Essential to this role is the ability to work on multiple discipline projects demonstrating a good understanding of engineering principles and regulations and excellent interactive and communication skills. The ideal candidate has exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills and is ready to move the first steps towards project management and leadership.
Please note, only candidates with Australian Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency will be considered for this opportunity.
- The ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Good project management skills.
- Good organizational, time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, policies, standards, and best practices.
- Experience as a project engineer across Electrical Systems Engineering.
- Experience reviewing of design for one or more projects.
- Technical writing skills.
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Decision making ability, working independently and under direction from other engineers.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal administrative support
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring of assigned engineering projects.
- Interacting with clients and contractors, interpreting their needs and requirements, and representing them in the field.
- Assisting in quality control tasks, schedules, plans, and reporting on the project's status.
- Assisting the project manager and other project participants and collaborating with senior engineers to create more efficient project methods and to maintain the project's profitability.
- Reviewing the engineering tasks and initiating the necessary corrective actions.
- Developing specifications and other documentation for the project's needed equipment.
- Establishing field test methods (ITP/ITC) and methods for monitoring the quality of those tests.
- Ensuring the project's compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications, and be
- Willing to travel regularly – both for site works and client visits.
- Recent graduate (last 2-3 years) in BS in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil Engineering.
- At least 2 - 3 years of demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Highly regarded - exposure to energy/renewables multidisciplinary projects.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible, open work policy
- Opportunity to work on the latest technologies in renewable and energy storage systems
- Opportunity to travel and work with global organisation
About Doosan GridTech
At Doosan GridTech, we believe that enduring economic growth and environmental healing start with a resilient, low-carbon power grid. We are a multi-disciplined team of power system engineers, software developers, and turnkey energy storage specialists. We help utility-scale power producers evaluate, procure, integrate, control, and optimize energy storage, solar power, and other renewable power resources.
Our battery storage experts in Seattle, Melbourne, and Seoul have designed, built, and provided flexible controls for nearly 35 installations in the Americas and Asian-Pacific regions – representing over 320MW of capacity.
Our parent company, Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co. Ltd., is a multibillion-dollar global conglomerate that serves power and industrial markets.
Doosan GridTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- Do you have technical writing experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project engineer?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Electrical Systems Engineer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.