About North East Link
The Spark Consortium has been selected for the Central Package of the North East Link Project - Victoria's biggest road project.
The Spark Consortium’s Design and Construction Contractor - which comprises Webuild, CPB Contractors, GS Engineering and Construction and China Construction Oceania - will deliver the twin three-lane tunnels and key interchanges for the project.
The Central Package will be delivered as a Public Private Partnership and provides three-lane twin tunnels that will close the missing link in Melbourne’s freeway network from the M80 Ring Road to an upgraded Eastern Freeway, reducing journey times and diverting heavy vehicles away from local roads. Up to 135,000 vehicles will use North East Link every day, reducing congestion in the north-east while maintaining local roads.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the North East Link Central Package we are seeking applications for an experienced BIM Lead with a background in civil construction or major roads/tunnelling projects.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual who can support and drive the Design and Engineering culture while providing support and coordination of systems and procedures on the project.
About the Role
An experienced Digital Engineering/ BIM Lead opportunity to develop, promote and coordinate the Digital Engineering requirement for the North East Link Central Package.
- Collaborate with Design staff to ensure BIM deliverables are achieved.
- Enhance the use of BIM/ Digital Engineering to support Construction team planning process.
- Drive, implement and grow Digital engineering footprint within the project.
- Ensure that digital records are coordinated, maintained and accessible to the relevant project team members.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting by assisting in Digital Engineering usage in conjunction with reporting internal needs.
- Responsible for extraction of Quantities for Cost Planning Models (5D) and creating Construction Timeline Animations (4D).
- Minimum 7 years' experience with various digital engineering platforms in an engineering environment is essential.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the use of and managing BIM in a digital built environment will be highly preferred.
- Advance knowledge of Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks (Federation & Timeliner), Microstation, Projectwise (Bentley), Synchro 4D and 3DS Max is preferred.
- Knowledge of an experience with collaborating consultancy data information models into usable federated files is preferred.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to register your interest and please also subscribe to ‘Job Alerts’ to be notified of upcoming opportunities with SPARK.
Whilst we are keen to hear from candidates with proven infrastructure project experience or experience working for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Contractor to be a part of an iconic construction project in Melbourne, Victoria, we also will consider applicants that are seeking to enter or re-enter the industry.
SPARK is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the North East Link Central Package. We value diversity, inclusion and equity through providing a working environment where all employees feel included, valued, and free to bring their different skills, experiences and perspectives.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.