Join our team of Experts!
With approximately 50,000 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
Due to the ongoing success of our NSW Roads & Civils team we are looking for an additional Senior Civil Designer to join our high performing Sydney CBD or Parramatta team.
Main Activities and Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
· Comply with all role specific SHEQ obligations as detailed in the relevant RACI matrix.
· Promote the continual improvement of best practice OHS&E and Quality systems and behaviours.
· Coach others in the identification and management of ethical issues associated with area of work or practice area.
· Actively work towards chartered status.
· Proactively build effective networks and industry relationships to gain cooperation in meeting business and client outcomes
· Contributes to high quality proposals and pursuits.
· Participation in company development initiative, such as the Technical Associate Program and/or PANs.
· Seek information to understand client needs and effectively anticipate and meet client needs and encourage client focus in colleagues including coordination with other disciplines.
· Manage and monitor the technical quality of work performed by the project design team.
· Develop, and review engineering drawings and reports.
· Incorporates Road Safety and Design Philosophy principles into designs.
· Monitors task-based scope, time and cost management systems. Coaches others in managing competing demands.
· Provide technical input on multiple projects of varying complexity and size.
· Mentor junior designers in technical, project delivery and client relationships.
· Work collaboratively with team including large scale multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects.
· Recognise the achievements and success of individuals and the team.
Experience, skills and organisational knowledge
· Associate Degree (Civil Engineering) or Equivalent.
· Typically, +8 years' experience in a consultancy environment with experience in road design, drainage services or other civil engineering design.
· Extensive knowledge of relevant industry related Australian Standards, local Road Authority Standards and other road and civil design standards with the ability to interpret, apply and challenge as appropriate.
· Capability in either 12d, Civil 3D or OpenRoads
· Able to draw upon previous project experience to generate alternate solutions, conduct analysis of options and determine best outcomes.
· High level skills in applying safety in design practices and processes with particular emphasis on road safety outcomes.
· Exposure to different disciplines and project models with the ability to apply on a diverse range of design projects.
· Competent in monitoring and managing the scope of projects tasks of varying complexity and size.
· Highly skilled in the preparation and review of high level and complex technical design documentation.
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
· Built technical capability of others (training & mentoring) and transferred technical expertise within the organisation.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channeling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Benefits at WSP:
· Personalised career growth and access to national and international opportunities.
· Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives.
· Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options.
· State of the art, modern and contemporary offices.
· Paid Parental and Partner Leave.
· Opportunity to purchase up to 4 weeks extra annual leave per year as part of salary sacrificing.
· Opportunity to give back to the community with our WSP with HEART Programs e.g Volunteer as an ABCN Mentor or the Bridges to Prosperity initiative.
Join us in our Future Ready approach by doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
WSP has announced ambitious global climate action through a commitment to achieve net zero emissions across its value chain by 2040 – which will also benefit Australia. We are a Tier 1 professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow’s challenges.
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button or for more information please contact Marie Victor on 0292 725 404.
WS P supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.