Reporting to the Processing Manager this exciting role will see you provide technical direction, leadership and operational expertise for metallurgical activities within our processing operations.
Other key responsibilities will include:
• Lead the metallurgical activities and team at our Dargues operation. Partnering with operations, laboratory, maintenance, safety, mining and commercial, this role will see you involved across all areas of the operation, with a key focus on maximising the value of the resource.
• Contributing to the provision of a safe place for all personnel to work in
• Optimising plant performance for all aspects of metal production and implementing continuous improvement projects.
• Be part of the department leadership team and provide Production Superintendent coverage
• Conduct regular surveys and report on findings
• Maintain and improve the metallurgical reporting for the department.
An experienced metallurgist in a similar role or a plant metallurgist ready to step up into a senior role. Drawing upon your experience within processing plant environments ideally with Gold and/or base metals. This experience will be complemented by your Bachelor of Engineering, Metallurgy or equivalent. Key to your success will be your:
• Sound knowledge of crushing, grinding, flotation circuits, thickeners, filtration and tailings disposal
• Sound knowledge in metallurgical accounting systems
• Skilled data entry and data analysis
• Ability to problem solve in a timely fashion and step up when needed.
Aurelia Metals Limited (ASX: AMI) is an Australian mining and exploration company with a highly strategic landholding and three operating gold mines in New South Wales. The Peak and Hera Mines are located in the Cobar Basin in western NSW, and the Dargues Mine is in south-eastern NSW. With dual high-grade discoveries at the Federation and Kairos deposits, Aurelia has an enviable record of recent exploration success.
Dargues Mine is a gold mining and milling operation located in the southern tablelands of New South Wales, approximately 100 km south-east of Canberra and 75Kms from Batemans Bay. It comprises of an underground mine, processing plant and associated surface facilities. The process plant comprises of a three-stage crushing circuit, ball mill and two-stage flotation circuit producing a clean gold-rich pyrite concentrate.
This is an exciting time to join Aurelia Metals, we are continuing to grow stronger year on year through acquisitions as well as organically through highly prospective near mine exploration success. As a member of the team, you will help us live our values Integrity + Certainty + Courage + Performance. You will also enjoy:
• A work environment where safety and people are always the number one priority.
• Opportunity to be part of a growing organisation.
• Performance Incentive Bonus
• Comprehensive and supportive training and mentoring in a friendly, engaging team environment.
We actively promote a culture where everyone feels safe, included and respected. We welcome differences of thought and value diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you are looking for growth, embrace change and enjoy challenges, APPLY NOW!
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Plant Metallurgist?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.