Leigh Surveyors is currently seeking full-time Surveyors (multiple roles) to work in collaboration with the wider team and with support from our Directors and respected clients in Springwood and across greater Brisbane.
The successful applicant will be offered a diverse role with the ability to work on a great variety of projects whilst continuing to develop their career. With a dedication to the profession, you will uphold our high service quality through adherence to survey process and precise use of our tools.
As a Surveyor with us, you will be responsible for the following:
- Undertaking Engineering Surveys, Detailed Surveys, Infrastructure Surveys and Cadastral Surveys (under supervision).
- Establishing and adjusting control networks, producing models and drawings including cross/long sections, calculations, machine control, scanning, producing volume reports, as-builts and setouts.
- Reduction of data collected in the field and extracting it into a CAD package or appropriate sketch plan, complying with the company's quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Maintaining surveying equipment and motor vehicles in accordance with company policies.
- Communicating with Project Managers, Directors and the Company Survey Manager with regards to project progress.
- Reporting to Leigh Surveyors staff, consultants and clients when required to alert them of potential health risks and shortfalls.
The successful applicant will need to hold the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in surveying.
- Registration with the Surveyors Board of Queensland would be highly regarded (or working towards).
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role is essential for this position. You must be proficient in performing site set-out according to TMR & RMS standards, precise levelling, As-Built (ADAC) survey (to requirements), progress claims, creating machine files, prepare pavement subgrade & earthwork models, GPS control. Traverse & monitoring
- Experience in using a variety of survey equipment including UAV/Drones, 3D Laser Scanners, Trimble GNSS equipment, RTS and Trimble Business Centre (preferred) t including Trimble Earthworks, Trimble Business Centre (HCE), Terramodel and 12D. We use Trimble GPS and Robotic S and SPS series Total Stations, Drone scans and Mobile Mapping Knowledge.
- Motivated, reliable and committed to upholding the rigour of our processes, with an ability to prioritise your workload
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in both individual and team environments
- Sound understanding of appropriate Australian standards and legislation
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary package based on experience plus a car, petrol & communication allowances
(Note: You must hold a manual vehicle license.)
- Professional development and training opportunities. If you strive to reach endorsements, we will support you through this process.
- Exposure to and use of the latest survey technology & equipment
- A commitment to ensuring you achieve your long term career goals
If you feel that now is as good a time to make a change or even want to chat about what this opportunity could mean for you, then we encourage you to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working on civil infrastructure projects?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.