Senior Case Worker - Intensive Family Support
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for two Senior Case Workers to join our organisation and make a positive impact in the lives of the families we support.
This is a case management position that facilitates intensive family service delivery to vulnerable children and families where there are significant child protection concerns.
The role involves working with families to develop their skills and abilities to strengthen their relationships.
This role is max term for 6 months and will be expected to travel between our Fremantle and Rockingham locations.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in working with children, young people and families who have been engaged with child protection and out of home care system
- Strong working knowledge of strengths-based practice, child development, attachment, trauma theory and how these relate to children, young people and their families who are engaged with the child protection and/or out of home care system
- Experience and understanding of Aboriginal culture and the impacts of the Stolen Generation.
You will also be required to provide a current National Police Clearance, Working with Children Card and Driver’s licence.
Please note: All applicants must comply with the WA Government Directive concerning Covid 19 Vaccinations that apply to Uniting WA.
A position description outlining further details and requirements of the position will be available at https://unitingwa.org.au/join-the-team/
Working with Uniting
At Uniting, we exist to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We act with impact. We work to address the causes of vulnerability and disadvantage, and we stand for a just society where individuals and communities are valued and connected.
As an organisation, we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We're a not-for-profit community services organisation of the Uniting Church Western Australia and part of the UnitingCare Australia network.
We're bold and respectful, compassionate and imaginative. And we'll support you to belong and thrive.
We value social and cultural diversity, and we're committed to a safe workplace. We strongly encourage applications from First Peoples, people who have lived experience, people with a disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature age workers.
Uniting is committed to providing a nurturing environment where all children feel safe, valued and heard.
How to apply
Please apply through the SEEK website, providing a covering letter addressing the competencies required for the position, together with current resume.
Enquiries can be directed to Sparanda Birchenall, Specialist Team Leader IFS on 08 9239 0900.
Please note that shortlisting will begin immediately.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.