Senior Perioperative Nurse (CNS)
Vision Hospital Group (VHG) comprises 10 day surgeries across New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia. At our day surgeries, you will find friendly, highly experienced administrative and specialist theatre teams, led by an on-site Director of Nursing.
VHG as part of Vision Eye Institute (VEI) is Australia’s leading provider of ophthalmic services, with a mission to transform lives through a strong commitment to the delivery of high-quality outcomes for patients.
To realise our vision of transforming lives we need amazing people to be a part of our specialist team and we hope that includes you!
We are searching for an experienced senior nurse practitioner / clinical nurse specialist to join the passionate team at our Panch Day Surgery in Preston. This is a permanent role, at least 20 hours per week, and we are seeking someone with significant ophthalmic scrub/scout experience.
As one of our newest facilities, Panch Day Surgery Centre is designed to deliver excellence in patient care and meet the highest benchmark of quality standards. It is a modern, purpose-built day surgery, with 2 state-of-the-art theatres. The facility has the only dedicated eye surgery theatre in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne, equipped with the latest ophthalmic technology.
In your role, you would be responsible for delivering holistic patient care, performing in scrub/scout, anesthetics and recovery, patient admissions and discharges as required and assisting in the day-to-day operations of the day surgery.
Qualifications and experience (essential)
- Currently AHPRA registration
- Graduate qualification in perioperative nursing will be highly favoured
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience in perioperative nursing
- Significant experience working in an ophthalmic operating theatre/day surgery
- Highly effective communication and supervisory skills
- Working knowledge of all relevant professional standards
What you can expect from us
We take pride in our positive workplace culture; strong focus on teamwork, comprehensive internal training and continuing professional development opportunities. Our people and our culture are our biggest asset and we work exceptionally hard to nourish both.
When you join Vision Hospital Group you’ll have access to employee benefits such as retail discounts, CPD learning events, counselling services, recognition programs and so much more. If you think you’re ready for a career with Vision please hit the apply button now! We look forward to meeting you.
To find out more, visit us at www.visionhospitalgroup.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- How many years' experience do you have as a perioperative / surgical nurse?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.