Aurelia Metals Limited (ASX: AMI) is an Australian mining and exploration company with a highly strategic landholding and three operating gold mines in New South Wales. The Peak and Hera Mines are located in the Cobar Basin in western NSW, and the Dargues Mine is in south-eastern NSW.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for supporting our Processing Department to ensure safe and sustainable production at our Hera Gold Mine. This role will see you operate all sections of the processing plant which include, Crushing, Grinding, Flotation, De-watering and Cemented Hydraulic Fill circuits, and Water and Tailings Management. Key responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating proactive safety behaviours.
- Contributing to production goals through safe operation of fixed plant equipment.
- Sampling and daily inspections of the plant.
- Identifying and managing risks to people, environment, equipment and infrastructure.
- Communicating and liaising with all members of the Processing Department and site in general.
- Participating and contributing in Safety Meetings and Shift Handovers.
- Understanding and complying with all safety policies, procedures, guidelines and practices.
- Maintaining high levels of workmanship and housekeeping.
Drawing upon your proven experience in minerals processing operations, you will be renowned for your strong focus and commitment to safety. Other desired skills and experience include:
- Self-motivated and team orientated, with good communication skills.
- Ability to follow systems and procedures.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problems solving skills.
- Hands on maintenance experience.
- Certificate II or III Processing OR Metalliferous Mining (desirable).
About the site:
The Hera Mine is a polymetallic underground mining operation and associated 450ktpa processing plant, located approximately 100km south-east of Cobar, NSW. Hera is an underground mine utilising bench stoping with the stopes backfilled with waste rock fill. Drilling at Hera is currently focussed on both near-mine opportunities and aggressive drill-out of the new Federation regional discovery.
This is an exciting time to join Aurelia Metals, we are continuing to grow stronger year on year through acquisitions as well as organically through highly prospective near mine exploration success. As a member of the team, you will help us live our values Integrity + Certainty + Courage + Performance. You will also enjoy:
- A work environment where safety and people are always the number one priority.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing organisation.
- Performance Incentive Bonus.
- Comprehensive and supportive training and mentoring in a friendly, engaging team environment.
If you are looking for growth, embrace change and enjoy challenges, APPLY NOW!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.