- Part-time (.8FTE – 4 Days), Ongoing
- Opportunity to support residents in maintaining a successful tenancy
- Competitive remuneration with Salary Packaging Options
- Inclusive culture with an innovative and growing Community Housing Organisation
Join us and share our Vision:
‘All people affordably housed in neighbourhoods that support life opportunities’
Housing Choices Australia (Housing Choices) is a leading and growing national not-for-profit housing provider. Our goal is to ensure that people are housed in inclusive communities and to create homes that encourage a sense of belonging.
We are one of the largest community housing providers in Australia, with operations in Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales and West Australia. We currently own and/or manage more than 7,000 properties and accommodate over 8500 tenants. HCA has assets nearing $900 million and more than 250 staff members.
We provide a culture that supports individuals to be their best, with opportunities for personal and career development. We are committed to cultivating an equal, diverse, and inclusive environment for our staff, residents, and stakeholders
We have a vacancy for a Housing Officer to provide our residents with housing-related services to support their tenancy whilst also achieving the outcomes of our organisation.
The position will deliver quality tenancy management services and will manage relationships constructively with clients to achieve sustainable tenancies which will enhance opportunities for our residents to achieve quality life outcomes. The role will also work closely with the property team and our community development staff.
The position is a Part-time (.8FTE – 4 Days) ongoing role based in Melbourne. The role will ideally suit a person who seeks a higher work-life balance and is passionate about delivering good client service, can work collaboratively within a small team, is resilient and grounded in quality practices and can adhere to our organisational values.
- Experience or knowledge in working with people that are at risk of homelessness or have other complex issues.
- Sound knowledge of tenancy and disability legislation and frameworks and how it relates to housing.
- Degree in Social Sciences, housing, Public Sector Management, Social Work or related disciplines or equivalent experience
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills including mediation and conflict resolution.
- Well-developed organisational skills including ability to manage competing priorities.
- A team player with a capacity to function autonomously.
- Experience in managing a sizeable portfolio of tenancies in the public/community or private sector housing.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office and the capacity to use/ learn new systems and databases such as a housing management database
- Knowledge of legislation and regulatory frameworks relating to housing such as the Residential Tenancies Act Victoria.
- Knowledge of the Community Housing Sector and/or property industry and tenancy management practices.
- Experience dealing with complex and challenging housing management issues including eviction and court proceedings.
What we offer in return
- Competitive remuneration, Salary Packaging for living expenses, meal and entertainment expenses
- Flexible working arrangements
- Income protection
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- A day off on your birthday
- Inclusive work culture
- Internal rewards scheme that can be used to purchase your favourite things
Please note that it is a requirement of this position that the post holder has OR willing to obtain the following;
- National Police check
- Current Working with Working with Children Check
- Agreed to comply with Child Safe Environments policies and procedures
- Current driver’s license and willingness to travel across Housing Choices’ sites as required.
Applications close at 11.50 pm Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 and Apply through Seek.
To find out more about us, the role and the excellent benefits and conditions we offer, please visit our website. Applicants should include a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position as outlined in the position description.
To obtain a copy of the Position Description please go to our website housingchoices.org.au.
Housing Choices reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately. This opportunity is only open to candidates with appropriate legal working rights within Australia. Housing Choices recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce, we celebrate and respect our people's differences and are committed to being inclusive. We strongly encourage Aboriginal Australians to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience working with clients with challenging behaviour?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.