Join a global professional services leader.
We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and results driven experienced Design Drafter, to join our experienced and highly regarded Water team in Newcastle.
You'll work on high-reaching and interesting local projects within the region’s unique water resources and infrastructure, and you'll also have access to the wider professional development and multi-disciplinary opportunities offered by a leading global consultancy.
We have a long-standing relationship with the water sector, municipal councils, state government and broader industry, and we strive to understand and deliver on our clients' needs for improved community outcomes.
This diverse and exciting position will see you involved in:
- Being a Technical Specialist for the organisation in the application of advanced concepts, principles and methods in both CAD & BIM applications
- Coordinating and providing technical guidance to our off-shore design and drafting team and with other fields on multi-disciplinary projects
- Supporting technical user queries, conducting training and communicating changes and developments to users
- Working with the various Project Managers to ensure high quality drawings are being delivered on time and within budget
- Ensuring compliance with GHD and client standards, and carrying out regular audits/review on quality of BIM models, drawings and CAD output
What would you bring to the team?
- Ideally 10 or more years of relevant experience working in a BIM/ CAD environment, but we also welcome applications from people with 5 or more years of experience
- Excellent CAD & BIM skills in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, 12D, Plant 3D and/ or Navisworks
- Ability to create positive relationships and influence others
- Team player, cooperate effectively with others through open sharing of knowledge and information
- Knowledge of coding using dynamo, python and other programming languages is highly desirable
- Exception verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work cohesively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Interested? Apply now.
Contact Paul Inglis
T +61 3 8687 8619
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.