Classroom Teacher (Ongoing – Commences 2022) Years 10-12
About the school
Indie School is a registered and accredited non-government school which provides an alternative education for young people aged 15-18.
The school's values are drawn from the AWCC's Vision and Mission. We believe that learning is intrinsically valuable and that it:
• Empowers the individual;
• Promotes growth of the individual;
• Provides opportunities and choice;
• Improves quality of life; and
• Advances citizenship in our communities
The schools' educational philosophy focuses on the:
• Development of the student's personal qualities and attitudes;
• Development of the student's knowledge, skills and understandings; and
• Effective teaching and learning processes and experiences that focus on the engagement and growth of the individual student.
Our teachers are committed to changing the lives of young people and one of the key aims of our organisation is to provide practical and theoretical skills to enhance the chances of further education and/or employment. Choice, independence, mutual respect, accountability all have a significant role to play in what we do.
The age group of students at Indie School ranges from 15-18 years of age.
About the role:
Due to increasing student numbers, Indie School: Bacchus Marsh is seeking to appoint a full-time (ongoing) classroom teacher to commence in 2022.
Teacher Position Description
The responsibilities of a classroom teacher at Indie School Bacchus Marsh include:
- Writing curriculum that caters for the various abilities of students (this requires an understanding of and experience with the Victorian Curriculum from Y7-10; VCAL and/or VCE experience will be looked upon favourably)
- Planning, writing and delivering structured lessons that differentiate and personalise the learning for each student
- Supporting students with a range of learning needs, including disabilities, behavioural disturbances, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADD/ADHD, low levels of literacy/numeracy, and mental illness
- Writing Individual Learning Plans for all students
- Embedding the strategies from Individual Learning Plans in lessons to support the needs of the student
- Providing timely and specific feedback to students to support learning growth
- Assessing and reporting student achievement and progress
- Behaviour management
- Supporting students to experience success
- Promoting the school's alternative educational and strengths based model to ensure student goals and personal outcomes are achieved
- Undertaking other related teaching duties as determined by the Head of School/Executive Principal.
Please submit, via Seek:
- A one page cover letter that explains how you meet the position description, and
- A resume (no more than three pages)
- References to be included
If you have any questions about this role, or you would like to complete a tour of the school, please contact Julian Day (Head of School) on 0484 140 025 or email@example.com
Only successful applicants will be contacted
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.