Reporting to the Senior Mine Surveyor this role will see you work as part of the Mining Team focused on optimising extraction of the Peak Gold Mine resource through safe, efficient and cost-effective mining operations. This role will also see you responsible for:
- Completion of regular pickups and void scans to ensure timely and accurate as-built data is available to support mine planning activities
- Completion of mark ups for production drill sites, raisebore sites and diamond drill sites in accordance with weekly planning requirements.
- Completion of void scans for stopes to support drill and blast activities in accordance with weekly planning requirements
- Install development lasers and ensure pickups of development excavations remain up to date
- Delivery of timely and accurate survey data for EOM reporting (including surveys of surface ROM and concentrate stockpiles)
- Ensuring that survey control is advanced and maintained.
- Completion of underground check surveys to validate the control network.
- Identifying and implementing business improvement opportunities within your work area.
Drawing upon your prior underground mine surveying experience, you will have first class communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels in the organisation. This will be complimented by your Tertiary qualification in surveying or equivalent. Other desired skills and experience include:
- Proficient in Deswik mining software is desirable
- Strong knowledge in use of Leica survey instruments, void scanners and general survey equipment including UAV’s
- Proficient in the utilisation of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
Aurelia Metals Limited (ASX: AMI) is an Australian mining and exploration company with a highly strategic landholding and three operating gold mines in New South Wales. The Peak and Hera Mines are located in the Cobar Basin in western NSW, and the Dargues Mine is in south-eastern NSW. With dual high-grade discoveries at the Federation and Kairos deposits, Aurelia has an enviable record of recent exploration success.
Peak Gold Mines is an underground Gold-Copper-Lead-Zinc mining operation and is comprised of several polymetallic underground mines plus an 800ktpa gold and base metals processing plant, located in the northern part of the Cobar Basin in NSW.
This is an exciting time to join Aurelia Metals, we are continuing to grow stronger year on year through acquisitions as well as organically. As a member of the team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries
- Performance Incentive Bonus
- Free access to local gym for employees and their families
- Free access to local swimming pool
- Excellent development opportunities
- 8 on 6 off roster.
If you are looking for growth, embrace change and enjoy challenges, APPLY NOW!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have underground mining experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Mine Surveyor?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.