Company: The Land’s Edge Foundation
Job Location: Berry NSW
Terms of Employment: Full-time
Start Date: Immediate start
ABOUT THE LAND’S EDGE FOUNDATION
Land’s Edge Foundation (LEF) is one of Australia’s leading providers of dynamic and progressive outdoor education for schools, individuals and other groups. LEF partners with its clients to develop and deliver high-quality educational programs that combine curriculum learning, adventure and personal growth that meet each client’s philosophies, policies and outcomes. LEF also offers group accommodation bookings on Sydney Harbour.
OUR TRAINEESHIP PROGRAM
Our Traineeship Program is geared towards developing individuals as future leaders in the outdoor education sector. Our trainees will learn all the core competencies needed to excel in this industry, from leadership and first aid skills to water rescue, navigation, management and environmental training.
ABOUT THE ROLE
LEF is seeking an engaging and dynamic training professional to coordinate all aspects of our traineeship program including - trainee selection, induction, administration, training and assessment, work experience placements and trainee welfare. The role will also include time in the field with the trainees and other field-based work on programs where suitably qualified.
- Extensive Outdoor Education industry experience and industry qualifications
- Demonstrated coordination experience in a training environment within the Outdoor Education industry
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment, or willingness to obtain
- Sound knowledge of competency based training and assessment within the workplace
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills
- Ability to build rapport with and coordinate a diverse team of trainee staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing situations, conflicting deadlines, meeting priorities and ensuring a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work within budgets and meet management targets
- Demonstrate a high level of risk management and mitigation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised
- Demonstrated proficiency with diverse software systems
- A deep familiarity with both coastal & alpine environments is highly valued
- A flexible working environment
- An established and highly reputable company
- Work within a supportive organisation with friendly and approachable colleagues
- Be part of an exceptional training delivery team with extensive industry experience
- Opportunities for career advancement
Written applications need to address the selection criteria (requirements of the role) and include contact details for at least two referees.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Annette Lee on 0477 880 412.
Applications close: 8pm Sunday 28 November 2021
The Land’s Edge Foundation
Head Office: 84 Albany St, Berry NSW 2535
Tel: (02) 4234 3278
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.