The key objectives of this position are to optimise extraction of the known Peak resource through efficient, safe and cost-effective mining operations. This will be done through ensuring safe systems, producing designs and monitoring of progress in conjunction with the operations team. Other objectives are to determine the future direction of Peak Gold Mines in strategy, planning and design of underground and surface mining in conjunction with the Management Team.
Statutory compliance to Mines Regulations in New South Wales and Australian Standards
- Regular site safety inspections
- Working closely with the mine operations and geology teams to ensure a safe and healthy working environment
- Create and maintain relevant procedures
Responsible for all drill and blast designs, including;
- Stoping and Vertical Development
- Service holes – electrical & services reticulation, probe, pumping and drainage
- Monitor the execution and effectiveness of designs and progress against the 12 Week and Weekly Schedules, including;
- Underground inspection of active and future working areas, including mine services
- Reporting variances -Stope reconciliation, Daily Production data validated
- Recommending remedial actions
- Assist Short Term Planning Engineer with development of the Weekly Schedule, by;
- Ensuring interactions are highlighted and managed
- Providing accurate information of stope and stockpile status
- Providing approved designs with information for detailed scheduling
- Review production interactions in the 12-Week Schedule
- Maintain databases and working electronic files
- Technical Services / Production interface
- Represent the Technical Services team on a day-to-day basis in the underground mine
- Attend crew pre-shift meetings (D/S only) to capture technical issues, and report on issue resolutions
- Provide guidance to operations as required
- Present plans to operations monthly
- Provision of mentoring and development within the technical services team
- Any additional tasks as requested by your Supervisor
- 2+ years’ experience – completion of statutory underground experience
- Proficient in the utilisation of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Work, Excel and Access
- Proficient in the utilisation of specialist mining software – Vulcan and VentSim Visual
- Be an effective participant and contributor to the Technical Services team
- Good interpersonal skills, leadership skills and a business focus
- Bachelor of Engineering – Mining or Equivalent
- Current “C” Class driver Licence
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the organisation
Aurelia Metals Limited (ASX: AMI) is an Australian mining and exploration company with a highly strategic landholding and three operating gold mines in New South Wales. The Peak and Hera Mines are located in the Cobar Basin in western NSW, and the Dargues Mine is in south-eastern NSW. With dual high-grade discoveries at the Federation and Kairos deposits, Aurelia has an enviable record of recent exploration success.
Peak Gold Mines is an underground Gold-Copper-Lead-Zinc mining operation and is comprised of several polymetallic underground mines plus an 800ktpa gold and base metals processing plant, located in the northern part of the Cobar Basin in NSW.
This is an exciting time to join Aurelia Metals, we are continuing to grow stronger year on year through acquisitions as well as organically. As a member of the team, you will enjoy:
- $140K TFR - $160K TFR plus 10% Bonus
- Full relocation cost if you move to Cobar
- Free access to local gym for employees and their families
- Free access to local swimming pool
- This is either a residential position on a 5:2, 4:3 roster or FIFO on an 8/6 roster from Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne.
If you are looking for growth, embrace change and enjoy challenges, APPLY NOW!
- Do you have underground mining experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Drill and Blast Engineer?
- Do you have mine site experience?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.