Reporting to the General Manager this role will see you leading a team responsible for all processing activities including processing operations, metallurgy, and laboratory at our Hera mine. Other key responsibilities include:
- Drive a safe production culture that aligned with the company`s values;
- Optimising plant performance to ensure production targets are met for gold bullion, Copper, Lead and Zinc concentrates;
- Work closely with the mining and maintenance teams to establish optimum operating strategies for maximizing revenue from different ore types processed at the peak mine;
- Tailings Storage Facility management and LOM embankments lifts;
- Develop, plan and implement/oversee strategies for continuous improvement in the processing plant performance;
- Oversee and lead the execution of multiple sustainable and growth capital project for plant assets are optimise for the LOM; Managing operating and capital costs for the department;
Drawing upon your proven management experience in minerals processing plants you will be renowned as a leader who can establish a high-performance culture. We are looking to hear from applicants with:
- Tertiary metallurgical/chemical engineering qualifications
- Proven experience managing large teams; production, metallurgical and laboratory, must have and demonstrate exceptionally good interpersonal skills
- Current ‘C’ class driver’s licence
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- At least fifteen years’ operating experience in base and/or precious metal processing including gold room, grinding, gravity, flotation and leach circuits.
- Ability to manage safety, production, and cost targets.
- Contractor management skills and experience.
Our Hera operation is located approximately 100km southeast of Cobar. Hera is an underground mine utilising bench stoping with the stopes backfilled with waste rock fill. Mined ore is processed through a 480ktpa flotation plant to produce gold-silver doré and a bulk lead-zinc concentrate.
As a commute operation, Hera offers a modern camp with wifi, gym, recreational room, convenience store and a range of delicious food options at the mess.
The roster for this position is 8 days on, 6 days off, offered on either a fly in, fly out commute roster from Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne or drive in, drive out from your home base at a nominal 12 hour day.
Aurelia Metals Limited (ASX: AMI) is an Australian mining and exploration company with a highly strategic landholding and three operating gold mines in New South Wales. The Peak and Hera Mines are located in the Cobar Basin in western NSW, and the Dargues Mine is in south-eastern NSW. With dual high-grade discoveries at the Federation and Kairos deposits, Aurelia has an enviable record of recent exploration success.
This is an exciting time to join Aurelia Metals, we are continuing to grow stronger year on year through acquisitions as well as organically through highly prospective near mine exploration success. As a member of the team, you will help us live our values Integrity + Certainty + Courage + Performance.
- Competitive remuneration
- Full time permanent positions
- A work environment where safety and people are always the number one priority
- Opportunity to be part of a growing organisation
- Short Term Incentive Program
- Employee Share Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
We actively promote a culture where everyone feels safe, included and respected. We welcome differences of thought and value diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you are looking for growth, embrace change and enjoy challenges, APPLY NOW!
- Do you have underground mining experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Processing Manager?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have mine site experience?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.