Lürssen is a global leader in designing and building ships of the highest quality for demanding customers all over the world. For more than 140 years we have grown our experience and the expertise required to create vessels that meet virtually any set of individual wishes and different demands. The legendary quality of Lürssen stands for satisfied customers and ships that can be completely relied on in any situation.
Luerssen Australia is a subsidiary of Lürssen, a 4th generation family-owned German company that builds Naval defence vessels and luxury yachts from its nine shipyards across Northern Germany.
Luerssen Australia is engaged as the prime contractor to build 12 Offshore Patrol Vessels for the Department of Defence over a 12 year period.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo the Australian Defence Force Security Clearance process, of which a minimum requirement is Australian Citizenship.
The Senior Commercial Advisor is part of a core legal/commercial team of four and (subject to qualification and experience) will be the lead of the team in Adelaide with the Commercial Operations Manager being based in Perth.
Manage and coordinate on a day-to-day basis all required contract and commercial advice and strategy arising from the Adelaide based shipbuilding operations and the SA focussed subcontract relationships.
The role is located in Osborne SA with the opportunity to relocate to Perth WA in late 2022/early 2023 (projected date).
A senior member of the team responsible for developing and managing a coordinated strategy for handling contractual arrangements with both the Commonwealth and our key subcontractors, which will include taking responsibility for:
- Overseeing all interactions, communications and strategic decisions affecting assigned portfolio of subcontracts and assigned commercial issues/projects
- Advising CEO, Commercial Operations Manager and other Senior Management and discipline leads on a proactive basis on interpretation and implementation of legal advice, contract terms and requirements
- Managing internal interfaces with third parties to ensure consistent outcomes and deliver commercially beneficial project outcomes
- Support others in our project team through the preparation of commercial documents and proposals
- Develop standardised supplier contract and other precedent legal documents
- Assisting as required, and when able, other members of the Commercial Operations team, including formal supervision of emerging legal practitioner(s).
- Ensure all activities undertaken and/or reviewed comply with all relevant legal/regulatory requirements including the (Relevant Industry Acts) and Regulations and Luerssen Australia internal policies and procedures.
- Legal degree and Practising Certificate - essential
- Supporting Business or Management Degree or formal project management qualification - highly desirable
- Experience gained within a Defence or shipbuilding environment - highly desirable
- Commercial/contract legal experience - essential
- Experience working in a commercial environment - highly desirable
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to think laterally with problem solving ability
- Ability to self-manage and work to tight deadlines
- An ability to analyse and manage complex issues
- A strategic, pragmatic and collaborative approach to work
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, please click the 'Apply for this job' link and upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you'd be perfect for this role. You will be contacted directly if we wish to progress you to shortlisting.
For further company information please visit: www.luerssen.com.au and www.luerssen.de/en/
Luerssen Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applications from ADF Veterans.
- Are you an Australian Citizen?
- Are you willing to be relocated to Perth late 2022/early 2023?
- What is your annual salary expectation inclusive of super?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.