Lürssen is a global leader in designing and building ships of the highest quality for demanding customers all over the world. For more than 140 years we have earned the experience and expertise required to create vessels that meet virtually any set of individual wishes and different demands. The legendary quality of Lürssen stands for satisfied customers and ships that can be completely relied on in any situation.
Luerssen Australia is a subsidiary of Lürssen, a 4th generation family-owned German company that builds Naval defence vessels and luxury yachts from its nine shipyards across Northern Germany.
We are the prime contractor building 12 Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs) for the Department of Defence over a 12 year period.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo the Australian Defence Force Security Clearance process, of which a minimum requirement is Australian Citizenship.
This role is based in Perth. A comprehensive relocation package is available to the successful candidate.
- Provide technical authority
- Further development of basic documentation provided by the Lead Engineers in Germany
- Responsible for the design-/production-related knowledge transfer between Luerssen technical departments and Australian subcontractors
- Report to the respective department heads
- Inter-disciplinary collaboration and inter-project teamwork
- Planning and monitoring of the respective engineering activities in Australia
- Giving design acceptance for respective deliverables from Australian subcontractors
- Monitoring and status reporting of production-related activities
- Give production-related technical advice
- Manage the change management process (BUF) regarding all items within the related engineering scope
- Relevant engineering or technology-related degree (essential)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Defence industry and 2 years in a technical role
- Knowledge and understanding across all requirements in similar size naval vessels to the OPV
- Experience in weapon system integration and commissioning
- Basic knowledge of combat management systems
- Basic knowledge of navigation systems and tactical communication systems
- Knowledge in processes of systems engineering (e.g. ISO 12207 / 15288)
- Experience in realisation of systems according to military standards
- Demonstrated experience regarding the design of complex systems and experience in contract management
- Efficient interaction with production regarding shipbuilding processes and integration of systems on board
- Demonstrated capability in the coordination of Commonwealth contact within a project environment
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft 365
- Ability to approach technical issues in a methodical and thorough manner
To be considered for this role, please click 'Apply for this job' link and upload your resume and covering letter. You will be contacted directly if we wish to progress you to shortlisting.
No Recruitment Agency applications will be accepted.
For further company information please visit: www.luerssen.com.au and www.luerssen.de/en/
Luerssen Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Are you an Australian Citizen?
- Are you willing to permanently relocate to Perth with assistance?
- How many years' experience do you have in the comms and weapons integration space?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.