The City seeks a motivated individual to investigate and develop safe, efficient and effective transport and Road Safety systems that meet customer expectations for the City of Melville.
Reporting to the Traffic and Road Safety Coordinator the successful candidate will be responsible for investigating traffic/transport and street lighting issues raised by the community, determining appropriate treatments and presenting recommendations.
Permanent, full-time opportunity from $88,974-$94,323, pro rata per annum, (depending on skills and experience), plus superannuation.
To be considered in this role you will possess:
- Extensive traffic management and design experience
- Sound knowledge of relevant Australian Standards and Austroads Guidelines
- Demonstrated experience in traffic and road safety engineering
- Effective customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience in the preparation of technical reports and data analysis
Essential qualifications and licences of the role:
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent demonstrated recognised prior learning
- Current C Class Drivers Licence
Employees at the City of Melville enjoy:
- Additional 2 days leave per annum pro rata
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free onsite parking
- Superannuation up to 14% * conditions apply
- Up to 10 weeks annual leave per annum* conditions apply
- Employee wellness program, including gyms, health lounge and pools at the two City of Melville Recreation Centres, flu shots and health assessments free of charge
- Structured professional development, study assistance programs and more
Applications close: midnight, Thursday, 25 November 2021. The City of Melville reserves the right to rescind or close this advertisement prior to this date. If you are interested in this position, we highly recommend you apply as soon as possible.
We embrace diversity and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people living with disability.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.