Service Stream, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading national service provider to develop and operate Australia's essential communications, energy and water networks in the telecommunications and utilities industries. We specialise in the design, construction and maintenance of new and existing networks, and deliver end-to-end engineering and asset management solutions on behalf of our blue chip client base.
About The Role
We are currently seeking Casual Meter Readers throughout Melbourne's South Eastern Suburbs to join our team - Keep fit and get paid. As a Meter Reader, you will be responsible to drive to an allocated route and autonomously walk from property to property, reading and recording utility consumption numbers in an electronic hand-held device. This role is challenging and rewarding - Get out what you put in.
- No experience required
- Hourly base pay rate + super
- Casual work (Mon-Fri, early starts)
- Keep fit on the job + work outdoors
- Deliver an essential service for residents and local businesses in Melbourne
- Uniform, PPE and on-the-job training provided
- Physically demanding - Extensive walking + bending & squatting
- Fast paced environment
- Working in most weather conditions
- Plan and organise your work day and routes - Amenities etc.
- Accurately read allocated meter routes in a timely, efficient and safe manner
- Understand and ensure efficiency targets are met
- Publicly represent Service Stream and our clients in a professional manner
- Regularly communicate with office support team
- Upload/download route information to/from hand-held computer
- Report to office as required
Is This You?
This role will suit someone with a great attitude and work ethic that enjoys working outdoors. Prior meter reading experience is not required, however experience in a similar physically demanding role is ideal. To be considered to join our team, you will also have the following:
- Good fitness level and ability to walk long distances for extended hours
- Motivated & reliable with great attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Available to work Mon-Fri, 30-38 hours per week
- Australian Driver's License
- Reliable motor vehicle and mobile phone
- Flexible and comfortable with daily travel of up to, or more than 45 minutes each way
How to Apply
If this sounds like you apply now to the Service Stream Recruitment Team via the online application button.
Service Stream is an equal opportunity employer who believes diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and benefits our people, clients and communities.
We are committed to cultivate an inclusive and high-performing culture where our people thrive and are proud to bring their whole selves to work, inspiring a respectful and inclusive environment.
Service Stream encourages and welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.