At Objective, we create that software that makes a difference. With over 400 people and 4 development labs spread across New Zealand, Australia and the United Kingdom, Objective is a leading developer of GovTech software.
Objective's Palmerston North lab is a true centre of excellence. Home to one of the region's largest development teams, and housed in an award-winning facility, the Palmerston North Team have already developed Objective Trapeze - a solution that is used by the majority of local councils across New Zealand and Australia and is now making waves in the UK market.
The next category-killer the Palmy team are developing is Objective Build. A true greenfield project, being built from the ground up, that is unique in the market and set to revolutionise the construction industry globally.
About The Role:
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer/Technical Lead to lead and mentor team a team working on our product, Objective Build.
You will be instrumental in designing, implementing and testing the latest product features, plus the underlying cloud platform. Working as part of an Agile Software development team you will be coding using the latest technology including Java Build tools and AWS.
Contribute to a cross-functional environment that is underpinned by Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) processes. Collaborate with testers, tech writers, developers, development managers and product owners to drive continuous improvement in products and processes.
What will your day look like:
- Technical leadership.
- Team mentoring.
- Build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Solution identification (including cost/benefit analysis)
- Solution design.
- Microservices design.
- Code reviews and estimates.
- Scaling and optimisation.
- Stakeholder management.
The skills and experience you will need:
- The successful applicant will need a minimum of 10 years of commercial advanced cloud Java development, building scalable SaaS applications. Plus proven experience in:
- Java Build Tools and Frameworks including Spring, Spring Boot, Maven.
- Databases such as PostgreSQL, and MSSql, Stored procedures, JDBC and performance tuning
- AWS deployment environment and containerisation (Docker & Kubernetes)
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles.
- Agile methodologies and testing approaches such as BDD.
We recruit the best and brightest people in the industry who are passionate about their work. We aim to create an environment that allows talented people to deliver innovative technical solutions. We offer a truly flexible working environment - from the tools you use (Mac or PC) to hybrid working options.
Come and join a team that is making a difference, Come and join Objective!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.