Officer – Health Promotion – MSM Peer Education
Maximum term contract up to 30 June 2022 (with possible extension)
Part-time 4 days per week
WAAC is currently going through a transformation and is looking for dynamic, creative, passionate people who embrace challenges and want to contribute to the growth of a culture of difference. We actively seek to include, welcome and value the unique contribution of all people. At the heart of WAAC is the commitment to provide services and supports that lead to positive healthy people in inclusive, connected communities. This is underpinned by our core values of Courageous Leadership, Inclusion without Exclusion and Creative and Innovative.
This is a unique opportunity to work within the LGBTQ+ community and contribute to the health and wellbeing of men who have sex with men. Join WAAC’s diverse and dynamic Health Promotion team and work closely with the M Clinic and wider WAAC teams to develop, implement and evaluate innovative health promotion projects that make a difference.
If you are a man who has sex with other men, we would love to hear from you! You will ideally have a ‘sex positive’ attitude, an understanding of factors that shape sexual health for all men who have sex with men, and experience developing and delivering community education and/or outreach projects. Your passion for cultural diversity and connection to LGBTQ+ communities will be advantageous.
What we can offer
- An hourly rate of $39.37 plus superannuation
- Generous salary packaging scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible and friendly team environment
- A culture where being authentically human is highly valued
How to Apply?
- Obtain a copy of the position description, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share your background, work experience and what you can bring to this role in a 2-page cover letter in a way that addresses the selection criteria outlined in the position description, and
- Upload your 2-page cover letter and resume by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.
Still interested and want to know even more?
Initial and confidential enquiries are welcome and can be directed to Human Resources on 08 9482 0000.
Applications close at 4 pm, 26 November 2021
As per section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA), WAAC actively seeks to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our clients and stakeholders and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees.
The successful applicant must be willing to provide a valid national police check and COVID-19 vaccination evidence.
WAAC strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, People Living with HIV, people of diverse sexuality and/or gender and people with disabilities.
We believe in the right of everyone to have the freedom to safely explore and express their individuality. Our society is stronger and more resilient when people have awareness of their personal situation, and their risks, options, and issues around sexual health and wellbeing.
WAAC reserves the right to close this position before the closing date.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.