Who are we?
Barossa Fine Foods are a fourth-generation family premium smallgoods maker in South Australia. From a single store in the Adelaide Central Markets in 1991 We have grown into a highly successful South Australian Family owned and operated business.
We now operate 15 Retail stores across 4 brands - Barossa Fine Foods, Angelakis Brothers Seafood, Standom Smallgoods and The Cheesemonger. We have experienced rapid growth and now employ over 300 employees delivering to customers across Australia and overseas.
The company's efforts to never compromise on quality have been recognised many times. Today we are the most awarded Smallgoods Producer in Australia. We were inducted into the San Remo Hall of Fame at the 2019 SA Premiers Food and Beverage Awards and were a finalist in the 2020 SA Premiers Food and Beverage Industry Awards for Excellence and Innovation in Business.
For more information, please visit www.barossafinefoods.com.au
What are we looking for?
Barossa Fine Foods are seeking an experienced Warehouse & Distribution Operations Manager to work closely with the CEO and Management Team to lead, plan and coordinate all warehouse and distributions operations.
Your responsibilities (not limited to):
- Manage the distribution and freight of finished goods dispatch and inbound products as well as local and overseas supplies
- Engage and manage relationships with external service providers and contractors as required
- Manage the organisation’s national inventory and stock control
- Review the current logistics and distribution function against the overall business objectives
- Negotiate price, service and payment terms with relevant suppliers within delegated authority
- Establish and review KPI’s to drive performance and improvements across the warehouse
- Manage all inbound product from local and overseas suppliers within quality, cost and service parameters
- Coach and mentor direct reports and other key warehouse personnel as required
- Promote, drive, support and encourage compliance on all safety procedures and safe work practices in the workplace minimising risks to employees, contractors, visitors
- Ensure all job related activities are carried out in accordance with Barossa Fine Foods targets, Values, Quality standards and legislative requirements i.e. Health and Safety, EEO
To achieve success in this role, you will need:
- Minimum 5 years’ senior experience managing FMCG Warehouse and Distribution function with exposure to all aspects including warehouse & freight as well as receivable of imported products
- Experience in managing supplier relationships & negotiations, executing a tender process; commercial expertise; time management skills; knowledge across multiple distribution networks; extensive warehousing operations experience
- Significant experience in the development of Warehouse and Distribution strategies with a successful track record in the delivery of these strategies
- Strong communication and influencing skills. In particular, the ability to advocate change and influence internal opinion
- Highly numerate with the ability to understand data and to interpret it in a lateral manner
- Ability to propose and deliver continuous improvement initiatives
- Diplomacy and tact to gain support at all levels in the business coupled with confidence, intelligence, and business expertise to influence abilities and outcomes
- An individual who is prepared to own a process and accept accountability for performance
- Decisive, with the ability to make sound decisions, based on experience and good judgement
- A pragmatic person, capable of interacting successfully at all levels of the organization
- Experience and ability to interpret enterprise agreements as well as maintain union relationships
What's in it for you?
For the successful applicant, a competitive salary awaits with a friendly and enjoyable working environment with opportunities for growth with the company and ongoing training and support. Our food is our brand and as an employee, you are rewarded with discounts across our product range.
If this opportunity sounds like something you want to be a part of, click on the Apply button and upload your cover letter and CV.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Do you have experience working with logistics, freight & delivery services?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as an operations manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.