Your new employer
The vibrant Town of Victoria Park is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced Traffic and Transport Engineer to join our Operations team in a full-time capacity.
Your new role
Reporting to the Principal Design and Traffic Coordinator , the position is primarily responsible for providing specialist traffic engineering advice on developments in the Town, reviewing strategic traffic and transport plans, engaging with internal/external stakeholders on proposed projects. Strong focus and significant experience in road safety and civil design will be highly regarded attributes of the role.
Our ideal candidate
- Degree in civil engineering is desirable, or minimum diploma qualification in related engineering field
- extensive knowledge and interpretation of relevant legislation, standards and codes
- effective communication and highly developed stakeholder management skills
- capacity to creatively work cross functionally
- previous experience in a civil engineering design and transport planning role
- well-developed aided civil design skills (AutoCAD/Civil 3D)
- high level knowledge of transport modelling practices and ability to use software packages such as Sidra, Paramics or LinSig will be a significant advantage.
The benefits of working for us
- salary range of $81,187 - $92,852 per annum
- five weeks annual leave
- up to 15.5% Council superannuation contribution
- work-life balance including flexible working arrangements, easy access to public transport and our famous Albany Hwy café strip
- job share opportunities may be considered
- free use of gym and aquatic facilities (conditions apply)
- ongoing training and development
- exciting change-creating projects!
Sound like you?
For further information on this position and how to apply please visit our website, www.victoriapark.wa.gov.au
All applications must address the bolded selection criteria in no more than two pages and include in your cover letter along with your CV.
The Town of Victoria Park is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal, live with a disability, CaLD or LGBTQI+ are encouraged to apply
Closing date: 4 pm Monday 29 November 2021
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.