Perseus Mining Limited (“PML”) is a dual listed (ASX/TSX) gold miner, developer and explorer whose activities are focused on the West African region. Perseus operates the Edikan Gold Mine in Ghana, and the Sissingué and Yaouré Gold Mines in the Ivory Coast. Perseus is implementing a growth strategy designed to transform the Company into a 500,000-ounce per year gold producer by 2022, this has created a great opportunity for an experienced Database Manager to make this newly created role their own.
About the Role:
The Database Manager will be responsible for managing the Company’s exploration database primarily with acQuire GIM suite. This includes the validation of data and management and training of in-country DB personnel. The role is ideal for someone who is excited about introducing and driving technological advances in the business growth area. The Database Manager is a permanent, full-time position based in the Subiaco Head Office.
Key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to maintain and ensure high quality, fully-validated exploration data;
- Work with external consultants and internal IT support to implement the establishment of a cloud-based DB platform;
- Work with the managers of the mining database to ensure a seamless interface between the exploration and mining databases;
- Liaise with in-country and corporate stakeholders to ensure high visibility and ready access to data stored in the acQuire GIM Suite solution;
- Oversee and maintain the acQuire GIM Suite solution, identifying opportunities to improve exploration, resource development and mine geology processes and the links between them, including the integration of various data sources and data capture methods across the Company and the assessment of digital data collection;
- Ensure QAQC standards are achieved and maintained, with standardisation across departments and sites, including training of in-country staff in these requirements;
- Coach and mentor the in-country database geologist/administrator, geologists and field technicians in database management processes and assist with training and support for database related issues;
- Assist senior management in the preparation of annual reports and programs.
- Tertiary qualification in Geoscience or Spatial Sciences (Computer Science qualifications desirable);
- acQuire GIM Suite Professional accreditation;
- Min. 10 years’ relevant experience in the mining and exploration industry, with extensive experience using acQuire as a Database Manager;
- Strong working knowledge of QAQC processes for sampling and analytical results;
- Good problem-solving skills with high degree of attention to detail;
- Extensive experience using GIS solutions such as QGIS, MapInfo and ArcGIS desirable;
- Good interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, enabling you to communicate at all levels of the business, including mentoring of team members, and supporting and training users;
- A high level of competency with SQL Servers.
If you are interested in working with a highly committed, skilled and dynamic team, please submit your resume and covering letter before 5pm on Monday, 29th November 2021.
Perseus Mining is an equal opportunity employer who supports and builds a diverse workforce. We value our people and help them build up their skills and take their careers to the next level.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
*NO AGENCY REFERRALS WILL BE RECEIVED AT THIS TIME*
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Database Manager?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How many years' experience do you have using SQL queries?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.