If you have the passion and experience to develop a seamless service culture for a new luxury brand, we would love to hear from you.
Opening in winter 2022 Alba Thermal Springs and Spa is a world class wellness sanctuary located on the Mornington Peninsula.
Positioned on a beautifully landscaped 15-hectare property, Alba will offer contemporary indoor, open-air, and outdoor thermal bathing and spa experiences designed to rejuvenate and recalibrate. The restaurant and cafe will serve meals using locally sourced, seasonal produce and luxury villa accommodation will be available from 2023.
To support our vision to be Victoria's most sought-after bathing and wellness experience we are seeking an Operations Manager to join our executive team, reporting directly to the General Manager.
Our Operations Manager has the unique opportunity to help shape an exceptional service culture and bring this exciting new brand to life. We are looking for someone who will represent our seamless service philosophy, who is a naturally confident person able to lead a large team across the operation. Passionate for spa and wellness, you will assist in creating luxury experiences for our guests through inspiring the team to create memorable moments each day.
You will have direct responsibility for managing the operations across Front Office, Housekeeping, Springs and Reservations, including:
- Playing an integral role with the General Manager in developing and executing strategy.
- Initiating and actively participating in department meetings and providing meaningful input at executive leadership meetings
- Ensuring a very high level of presentation is achieved through attention to detail.
- Establishing reactive and preventative maintenance workflows to ensure our assets are being maintained.
- Regularly and effectively communicating with teams across the operations so they have the necessary information to perform at their best.
- Involving your direct reports in the preparation of weekly rosters, monthly reports, and forecasts.
- Regularly coaching supervisors and assistant managers to personally develop our team.
- Working closely with the Finance team to maximise margins for optimal profitability.
- Ensuring external relationships with contractors are engaged and maintained with a personal approach.
- Managing all areas in accordance with specific legislations and best practice guidelines.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for:
- A high achiever in managing P&L including budgeting, forecasting, payroll planning and cost control.
- Previous experience in a spa resort and/or a luxury property within a leadership role is highly regarded.
- Evidence of a strong desire to develop people and care for their wellbeing.
- Someone who can consistently demonstrate seamless service behaviours.
- Competitive salary, including superannuation
- Strong leadership, with autonomy
- Flexible working arrangements
For a copy of the position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org or for further information place contact Craig Dodd, General Manager on 0477 449 088
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as an operations manager?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.