Teacher 1.0 FTE (ongoing) yrs. 9-12
Indie School teachers are committed to changing the lives of young people.
The greatest difference between Indie School and many other alternative education settings is that our foundations lay in Adult Education philosophies. Choice, independence, mutual respect, accountability all have a significant role to play.
Smaller class sizes allow students greater opportunity to identify their strengths and work to improve areas in which they lack confidence.
Indie School provides students the opportunity to learn in a supportive environment that uses individualised learning plans tailored to each student's own education/life circumstances. In return for higher levels of self responsibility, the students can enjoy some greater freedoms.
This position has responsibility for developing and delivering learning programs for our new Indie School Fairfield, including:
- Preparation and delivery of programs in line with appropriate curriculum
- Enhancing effectiveness in the classroom through improved teacher knowledge, practice and professional engagement in order to achieve improved standards of teaching and learning within the classroom and across the school
- Ensuring the most effective use of time and resources in the delivery of classes aligned to student’s individual learning and pathways plans
- Providing appropriate assessment and feedback about student achievement and progress
- Promoting the school’s alternative educational and strengths based model to ensure student goals and personal outcomes are achieved with the focus on “Changing the Lives of Young People”
Teaching duties are aligned to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. Key duties of the Teacher may include but are not limited to:
- Identify student learning strengths and needs in line with curriculum and student circumstances and implement innovative programs and teaching strategies to engage students with their learning
- Work with local community groups/agencies on any ‘linked’ youth programs designed to re-engage students and improve retention rates
- Develop and deliver educational programs (or equivalent) as directed
- Meet internal and external assessment and reporting requirements
- Develop, implement, monitor and update regularly Individual Learning Plans
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries between teaching related and welfare related support, referring students to the Welfare Officer where appropriate
- Participate in regular program, unit of work, lesson plan, assessment, maintain an up to date register and reviews with the Head of School
- Participate in regular Peer Observations of classroom teaching practice
- Follow policy and procedures in all matters
- Collaborate with the Head of School in the preparation of submissions to funding bodies for program support, as required
- Maintain record keeping and filing systems
- Collect and maintain statistical data as required by regulatory/funding bodies and policy
- Opening and closing of the campus plus locking down of the property at the end of the day
- Actively participate in scheduled yard duties and general supervision
- Attend professional development and staff meetings as requested
- Liaise with other Indie School and Indie College staff as required
- Undertake other related teaching duties as determined by the Head of School or Indie College Manager
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.