Coogee Chemicals is an innovative and highly successful private company pursuing growth through the supply of industrial, agricultural and mineral processing chemicals to the Australian and International markets. Our expansive operations in WA, Queensland and Victoria provide numerous products and services, including chemical manufacturing, tank terminals and transport, to a variety of clients across the region.
We are looking for an enterprising, enthusiastic Process Engineer to join our Titanium Powder Manufacturing team in developing our demonstration scale plant based in Kwinana. The role will suit someone who is not after a 'big company / big team' environment.
If you are proactive, hardworking and can think on your own two feet, then this opportunity could be perfect for you.
It is a flexible, tight knit and outcome focused team, who take pride in delivering on ambitious objectives year on year. If you want to make a material contribution to a global technology transformation in chemical processing – this could be your chance. Every day will provide a challenge.
The core responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the plant PIDs and control philosophy documents.
- Ensuring site is in compliance with site MHF Safety Case, including management and maintenance of Safety Critical Controls, Dangerous Goods Storage and Handling commitments.
- Reviewing the control system performance, alarm management and system utility.
- Prioritising and implementing control system improvements
- Working with the team to integrate new equipment and modifications into the control system.
- Providing process engineering and process control input into troubleshooting plant performance data.
- Providing input into TIRO plant modification requirements.
- Updating plant engineering documentation following plant modifications.
- Developing improvement opportunities for process and equipment to improve efficiency, quality and throughput.
- Providing support to Production technicians and the Support Team.
- Assisting in the investigation of incidents.
- Coordinating and conduct campaign reviews.
- Emergency response role as per Emergency Response Manual.
- Ensuring a safe workplace is maintained at all times
- Undertaking any other tasks assigned by the Manager / Supervisor within applicable skills, knowledge and abilities.
The successful candidate
You are motivated by a desire to maximise your potential and have a long-lasting impact. In this role you will have far more work that can be done than you will have time to complete. You will enjoy autonomy, the fast-paced environment and the effect you will be able to measure in days and weeks by choosing the most impactful way to use your time. It isn’t for everyone, but it will be what sounds like great fun for you.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has:
- Degree qualification in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the chemical processing industry, preferably in Plant Operations.
- Experience working on a Major Hazard Facility is highly regarded.
- Interest in data, process control and solving problems
For the right candidate, this is an exciting opportunity to join a secure, well established and successful business which provides significant career development prospects.
To submit your application please do so by clicking the “Apply for this job” link and submitting your current resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria.
Applications close on 13 December 2021.
To apply for this position you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia.
Coogee is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity in our workforce and we have fitness for work policies in place at all of our sites.
Please be aware that applicants may be required to provide a National Police Certificate (Australia-wide Criminal History) prior to commencement in this role.
For further information on our company, visit www.coogee.com.au. For further information on Coogee Titanium, visit www.coogeetitanium.com.au.
- Have you completed a qualification in chemical engineering?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Process Control Engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.