Community Based Support (CBS) is a Tasmanian Not for Profit organisation. We support people who are elderly or living with disability to live the life they choose, in their home for as long as possible. We provide person-centred support, tailored to individual needs. We dedicate our time to providing exceptional services that enable clients to maximise their independence.
About the Role
We are supporting a number of Aged Care and Disability clients across Southern Tasmania, and are recruiting for experienced and passionate Community Support Workers to provide flexible, person-centred support to our clients in their own homes.
Some responsibilities may include:
- practical and physical support as needed for daily personal care and domestic duties; and
- support to access and participate in social activities within the community.
We have built extensive permanent part-time rosters for employment. Shifts will vary as client needs change and do require some early mornings, late evenings and weekend work.
If you're motivated and meet the below mandatory selection criteria, please apply as soon as possible:
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Disability, Aged Care or other relevant qualification;
- A current full Tasmanian C class manual drivers license, and your own reliable transport;
- Fully Covid-19 vaccinated upon start date;
- Current satisfactory National Police check (within the last 12 months) and Working with Vulnerable People registration;
- Your own smart mobile phone with a calls and data plan;
- A current First Aid certificate (or the ability to acquire);
- Medically fit and physically suited for the full inherent requirements of the job; and
- HLTHPS006 Assist Clients with Medication (desirable).
How To Apply
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria. You should state on your cover letter which department you would prefer to work for.
Applications must be received by COB Friday 26th November 2021 to be considered for this position.
For further information or to obtain a copy of the position description and selection criteria please contact Zoey Keleher via email email@example.com
Applications received via direct email or without addressing the selection criteria will not be accepted.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications anticipated, we regret that we are only able to contact those candidates who have been shortlisted.
Community Based Support is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a Certificate III in Individual Support?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Community Support Worker Aged Care?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.