Tibballs Nursery is a Fourth Generation, family owned business, established in 1946. We are a Wholesale Nursery, currently situated among two sites, one at Montrose & one at Brighton and this year we are celebrating our 75th year of operation.
Tibballs Nursery supply a large variety of plants to major chain stores and Garden Centers throughout Tasmania. We primarily grow Flower & Vegetable Seedlings, Potted Herbs, Pot Tomatoes, Potted Strawberries, Potted Colour, Indoor House Plants & Perennials.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic, reliable person(s) to join our Team at Tibballs Nursery.
Below, you will find a brief summary of what each of the 4 roles may include. Please read each role carefully and along with your resumé, please include a letter of application, informing us of which role(s) you are applying for.
Positions available include:
1. Nursery Hand - duties may include are not limited to a variety of tasks including:
- Helping our dispatch team with picking orders, staking, weeding, watering and loading of trolleys & trucks.
- Helping our production team on the end of various machinery including our potting machine, our transplanter and our seeder machine.
- Plant movement (including weeding, spacing & moving of stock)
- Watering, spraying (if valid credentials are held) and weeding
2. Delivery driver - All applicants for this role must:
- As a minimum requirement, hold a valid Manual Medium Rigid Licence and a valid Tasmainian Drivers Licence.
- Have access to your own reliable transport as you may be required to travel to either of our sites or visit our customers.
- Loading and unloading of trucks with trolleys
- Handle & deliver stock to customers
- Checking of orders & stock before and after drop off.
Please note: The Delivery Driver role will also include Nursery Hand duties as above as Delivery driver will not be a sole, fulltime role itself.
3. Production Shed Team Member - This role is a combination of duties which may include:
- Bobcat Operations (previous experience is preferred but we are happy to train in this field if required).
- Forklift operations (moving of pallets of stock on occasion).
- Facilitation of Soil Mixes (which requires the successful person to put a mixture of media into our Soil Mixer along with all fertilizers, which must be weighed and added to the media as required).
- Operations of various machinery in our production shed (Transplanter, seeder, Denester & Potting machine).
Being mechanically minded and/or being familiar with operating and maintaining machinery would be advantageous in securing this role.
4. Plant Merchandiser - The successor(s) in obtaining this role will assist our current Merchandisers in stores with:
- Tidying up of stock & making space for future stock in stores.
- Putting away plants on customer stands.
- Delivering and pickup of small orders of stock as required.
- Maintaining a healthy and prolonged relationship with customers.
The successful applicant will work with Tibballs Nursery State Sales Manager during training for the Assistant Merchandiser role.
Please note: The successful applicant must hold a current Manual Tasmanian Drivers License to drive company vehicles & must have access to their own reliable transport as you may be required to travel in your personal vehicle to stores or to work at either our Brighton Site or Montrose Site.
Plant Merchandiser may also include some aspects of the Nursery Hand role as listed above.
If applying for any of the roles mentioned above, applicants must also:
- Work extremely well in a team environment
- Be highly motivated
- Work well under pressure
- Be physically capable (due to the amount of lifting and pushing of loaded trolleys)
- Be willing to work in all types of weather conditions
- Have excellent punctuality
Any previous experience among any of these roles may offer an advantage in securing a position in one of these roles offered at Tibballs Nursery
Please do not apply for these role(s) if you cannot work a 38 hour week from Monday - Friday..
The successful applicants will be initially employed on a casual basis working 38 hours per week from Monday to Friday. Overtime hours may be offered at various times through the working year, more specifically through our peak season during spring.
Full time employment may eventuate if successful applicants are outstanding within a period of 6 months.
Hourly rate will be negotiated according to experience and position upon successful application.
Please only forward your letter of application and updated resumé, alongside two referees via Seek.
If you have any further questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Bradley Tibballs via email at email@example.com & a response will be provided during hours 8am - 4pm.
Please note: Upon application, please remember to state which role(s) you are applying for. Failure to do so may result in your application being unsuccessful.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in horticulture?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Merchandise Assistant?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.