The Lion Richlands / Lions FC have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Head Groundsman to join our Grounds Team! Working alongside the General Manager of Football and Football Operations Manager, you will assume a key role within the team and will be responsible for developing, executing and measuring all grounds activity to ensure the smooth operation of the department from a day to day basis.
The suitable applicant will exhibit the following qualities:
- Mechanical knowledge with all associated equipment including reels mowers, tractors, garden maintenance equipment and automatic irrigation systems.
- Pest and disease knowledge and management
- Sounds knowledge of plants and soils – particularly in different climates.
- High attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to execute and perform multiple projects at once
- Capability to work safely and promote safe practices within the workplace
- Ability to work autonomously and part of a team
- Management and leadership experience with a small team
- Ability to manage and work within a budget
The Head Groundsman will be responsible for:
- Mowing, weeding, fertilising & Marking out playing fields at 3 facilities
- Lawn and landscaping maintenance of surrounds
- General upkeep
- Cleaning of grounds, change facilities and communal areas
- Small project work and preparation for events
- Directing and developing a small team and providing hands-on leadership in the presentation of the grounds.
- Reporting and control of operational activities
- Budget management
We are searching for a passionate, confident, and inspired Head Groundsman who can progress in their role. The right candidate will be equipped and ready to take on the challenge in a way that supports the venues signature characteristics and engages with our large football community.
In return we will offer:
- Opportunity to progress in your role
- Generous Remuneration Package
- State of the art facilities and grounds
- Meals provided
The successful applicant will be experienced in the supervision of staff and have a proven track record in the management and knowledge of physical resources.
Fulltime - Salary will be commensurate with experience. Key selection includes flexibility to work on key event weekends.
Minimum Level 3 in Sports Turf Management and respective Spray licenses. Certifications and experience in a similar role are required. It is a requirement of the role that your are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The Lion Richlands would like to thank all candidates for their interest in the role, however only candidates successful in progressing to the next stage of the recruitment process will be notified.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a grounds keeper?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you hold a Certificate III in Sports Turf Management or higher?
- Do you hold a current ACDC licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.