Marketing, Seed Production & Trials Assistant
- Exciting new role
- Fast paced, high performing culture
- Small dedicated and specialised team
Australian Grain Technologies (AGT) is Australia’s largest plant breeding company with a focus on delivering field crop varieties with superior performance to Australian farmers. AGT has a vibrant team of breeders and researchers who use the latest technology to develop new plant varieties. This position offers a rare and exciting opportunity for you to grow your career in a dynamic and successful breeding company. AGT is committed to training and development in a wide range of technical and non-technical areas.
About the role
In this exciting new role based in Wagga Wagga, NSW you will be assisting the Marketing & Production team, as well as the Plant Breeding Technical team in completing the key responsibilities below.
- Maximise the availability and uptake of AGT varieties by growers in southern NSW
- Monitoring of seed production crops and field trials
- Seeding and harvesting of field trials
- Assist in development of southern NSW marketing and production plans
- Assist with seed production and distribution network
- Sample handling, cleaning, and packing for field trials
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key influencers
- Identify new product development opportunities
- Contribute to the production of marketing materials
- Understanding of Australian broadacre cropping industry and general agricultural knowledge
- Experience in broadacre agronomy and/or seed production
- Strong relationship management skills
- Outstanding time management skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
We are seeking applicants with the drive and passion and a “can do attitude”, to make a difference in this crucial business function. You will have the opportunity to be part of a great team environment and play an important role in the success of AGT. If you have a love of agriculture/agronomy and you have an interest in marketing, then this may be the role for you.
Job description available from email@example.com
All applications via Seek.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.