The AFL is Australia’s premier sporting organisation supporting a constantly evolving national competition. Our purpose is to progress the game, so everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
We have a strong workforce presence in most States and Territories of Australia including Northern Territory, QLD, NSW / ACT, Victoria and Tasmania.
As the AFL industry continues to grow and evolve at both the elite and community levels, we are focused on ensuring we attract and retain great people in both permanent and casual roles at all levels and within all areas of our industry.
Importantly, we aim to reflect the communities where our game is played by recruiting locally where possible to strengthen our connection to the ‘grassroots’ of our game. We are also fortunate to have hundreds of passionate volunteers within our industry, offering their time and expertise to help grow our game.
The AFL's purchase of Marvel Stadium in Docklands, Melbourne, further diversifies our workforce with more than 1000 casuals employees to make every moment matter for our fans and customers.
Melbourne Stadiums Limited (MSL) manages and operates Melbourne’s premier sports and entertainment venue, Marvel Stadium.
Our stadium vision is to provide ‘Extraordinary Experiences for Everyone Everyday.’
Marvel Stadium currently serves as the busiest multi-purpose stadium in the world, welcoming over two million patrons through its turnstiles each year and hosting over 70 arena events.
The Stadium has hosted some of the biggest international sporting events, such as Boomers v USA Basketball, Soccer World Cup Qualifiers, and International Rugby Union tests, as well as many memorable concerts for some of the world’s biggest performers, including Ed Sheeran, Adele, and AC/DC.
Marvel Stadium is committed to delivering brilliant events and creating memorable experiences for all of our guests.
Guest Experience Principles
Energy Your best self. Every day. Have fun!
eXpert on Stadium Know every part of the stadium inside and out
Thank Guests Show them how much we care for & appreciate them
Responsibility Proactively solve problems & find solutions. Quickly
Always Relentless What can we improve every day?
About the Customer Service Role
We are looking for Extraordinary customer service specialists to join our Marvel Stadium team and assist in delivering outstanding events for our guests and partners. We want you to be passionate and excited to work for the busiest multipurpose stadium as well as understanding the importance of the guest experience and how you can contribute to their positive journey.
Please also see the skills and requirements below:
- Previous experience in a customer service role – desired
- Flexible working hours as our events can take place during the week and on weekends (day and night). It is essential that you are available to work during the 2022 AFL season
- You need to have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn about the stadium, so you become a ‘Stadium Expert’
- Excellent communication and problems solving skills so you can assist guests and provide them with an outstanding customer service experience
- You need to be a team player and be able to work collaboratively so you can assist with any problems that may arise or provide additional assistance to guests
- Ability to multitask and have excellent time-management skills
- Able to uphold our Guest Experience Principles
- Exceptional presentation in respect to uniform and personal grooming
- Working with Children Check – a valid Working with Children Check (Employee) or willingness to obtain it once application is successful
If this sounds like you and you want to become a member of the Marvel Stadium Customer Service Team please apply and follow the instructions under How to Apply.
How to Apply
Applications close midnight December 8, 2021 Click the 'Apply' button below and submit:
- Cover Letter
Please include answers to the below selection criteria in your cover letter.
- What skills do you think an Extraordinary Customer Service team member requires and why?
- Choose one of the Guest Experience Principles, from above, and explain how you would uphold this principle whilst working as a Customer Service team member at Marvel Stadium
At Marvel we value a diverse and inclusive working environment in age, gender, nationality, culture, sexual orientation, abilities, and religion. We encourage all people to apply to be part of our team! If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know.
We are committed to ensuring our stadium and working environment is a safe place for children and young people. All successful applicants must return a satisfactory Working with Children Check.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.