Australian Education Research Organisation
- Full time or part time
- $108,800 to $135,000 p.a. plus 10% superannuation
- Work from home (Australia-wide)
Be a part of Australia’s new education research organisation
The Australian Education Research Organisation (AERO) is Australia’s national education evidence body. AERO is working towards excellent and equitable outcomes for all children and young people by generating and making high-quality evidence accessible, and enhancing the use of evidence in Australian education.
AERO is bringing together people who are passionate about evidence-informed policy and practice for schools and early childhood services. Our team is collegial, creative and committed to fulfilling AERO’s potential to make an impact. We value agile thinkers who can help shape AERO as a new, dynamic organisation, and team players who enjoy working across projects and in diverse, interdisciplinary teams. Many of our people have ongoing connections to research, policy and practice organisations, helping us to bridge the gap between evidence generation and translation.
For more information about AERO, please see https://edresearch.edu.au.
Are you ...
- a teacher or early years practitioner with experience translating research and evidence to help other practitioners?
- a researcher or evaluator with experience in quantitative and/or qualitative methods in social policy settings?
- a researcher with experience in conducting literature reviews and synthesising evidence to produce summaries that can be interpreted by a range of stakeholders?
If any of the above describe you, and you can assess the quality of research, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who has:
Qualifications in education, social sciences, data science or another relevant discipline.
Experience in one or more of:
- developing evidence-based professional learning or guidance documents for teachers or early years practitioners
- designing and undertaking evaluations, with expertise in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods in social research or policy settings
- analysing large, complex administrative or survey data sets
- undertaking systematic literature reviews and/or systematic coding and analysis of interview or ethnographic data
Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to translate technical and complex information concisely for diverse audiences.
Experience conceiving and managing projects, including liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
Experience directing the work of contractors or team members, running team meetings and giving feedback to colleagues to facilitate their development.
Knowledge of the Australian education sector, including key stakeholders, policies and frameworks.
AERO particularly welcomes applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
How to apply?
If you are an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have unrestricted work rights in Australia, and believe you meet the requirements of the roles, we'd love to hear from you we'd love to hear from you by midnight 5 December 2021.
Please send us your resume and a one-page cover letter describing your interest in and suitability for the role.
In the opening line of your cover letter, please specify which of the following you most strongly identify with:
- a teacher or early years practitioner with experience translating research and evidence to help other practitioners
- a researcher or evaluator with experience in quantitative and/or qualitative methods in social policy settings
- a researcher with experience in conducting literature reviews and synthesising evidence to produce summaries that can be interpreted by a range of stakeholders
Please also indicate 2-3 areas in AERO’s Research Agenda to which you would bring the most value.
More information about the role
- Contribute to and/or lead the scoping, planning and designing of education research projects aligned to AERO’s annual research agenda.
- Undertake data collection and analysis independently on multiple education research projects using rigorous qualitative and/or quantitative methods.
- Develop research products that support education practitioners working in schools and early childhood services to use more evidence-based practices.
- Plan for and engage in dissemination activities that maximise the impact of AERO research products on the Australian education community.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders to ensure research projects and products are high quality and high impact.
- Contribute strategic advice based on experience and expertise to the planning of AERO’s annual research agenda and work plan.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.