Coogee Chemicals is an innovative and highly successful private company pursuing growth through the supply of industrial, agricultural and mineral processing chemicals to the Australian and International markets. Our expansive operations in WA, Queensland and Victoria provide numerous products and services, including chemical manufacturing, tank terminals and transport, to a variety of clients across the region.
Our amazing Finance team is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and proactive Management Accountant who will enjoy being part of a small tight knit team, who has a passion for delivering outcomes.
We are seeking team oriented, safety conscious candidates, who are interested in consolidating their experience and potential. If you are keen to learn, can demonstrate commitment, possess a strong work ethic and interested in developing your career in a role that offers challenges, variety and innovation, then look no further.
The core responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and review of WA monthly management reports which track financial performance against budget.
- Monthly preparation of the group P&L Flash Result.
- Ensuring commentary is provided for management reports.
- Variance Analysis of actual results compared to the budget and forecasts for each profit and cost centre.
- Analysing trends and financial performance across business units.
- Month end accounting including reconciliations and journals.
- Involvement in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Fixed Assets – review and management to ensure that fixed asset reporting and depreciation (accounting and tax) are accurate and capitalisation occurs in a timely manner.
- Intercompany loan accounts – understanding and reconciliations.
- Audit and year end preparation and reporting.
- Liaising with external auditors and / or tax as required.
- Supervising, mentoring and training of 2 direct reports.
- Challenge how things are done and look for better ways with continuous improvement in mind.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Manager / Supervisor within applicable skills, knowledge and abilities.
The successful candidate
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has:
- Qualified accountant being a member of CAANZ, CPA or IPA
- Demonstrated experience in a Management Accountant or Finance Business Partner role
- Ability to effectively manage a small team.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
- Self‐motivated with sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
Benefits and Culture
The people within our team come from different walks of life offering a wealth of knowledge and operational experience. Our team is dedicated and passionate to delivering results to provide optimal operations within Australia. We have employees who have been with the Company for over 10,15 and 20 years so we must be doing something right!
For the right candidate, this is an exciting opportunity to join a secure, well established and successful business which provides significant career development prospects.
To submit your application please do so by clicking the “Apply for this job” link and submitting your current resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria.
Applications close on 13 December 2021.
To apply for this position you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia.
Coogee is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity in our workforce and we have fitness for work policies in place at all of our sites.
Please be aware that applicants may be required to provide a National Police Certificate (Australia-wide Criminal History) prior to commencement in this role.
For further information on our company, visit www.coogee.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a management accountant?
- Are you currently a member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.