Coogee Chemicals is an innovative and highly successful private company pursuing growth through the supply of industrial, agricultural and mineral processing chemicals to the Australian and International markets. Our expansive operations in WA, Queensland and Victoria provide numerous products and services, including chemical manufacturing, tank terminals and transport, to a variety of clients across the region.
Our Engineering Services team is looking for an enterprising, enthusiastic and proactive Project Administrator who will enjoy being part of a flexible team, who has a passion for driving success and delivering outcomes.
We are seeking energetic, team oriented, safety conscious candidates, who are interested in consolidating their experience and potential. If you are keen to learn, can demonstrate commitment, possess a strong work ethic and interested in a role that offers challenges, then look no further. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic growing operation.
This is a 3-month fixed term contract role, with the possibility to extend.
As the Project Administrator you will be the champion for managing and maintaining the administrative systems assigned for the KASS Project.
The core responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the development and application of the project execution procedures, engineering standards and specifications.
- Maintain and manage the standards library.
- Assist with development of effective cost control and reporting process.
- Provides cost reporting of projects in progress in a timely manner.
- Creating purchase orders and receipting for project.
- General administration support for the KASS Project, Engineering Services and Major Projects departments.
- Create and maintain project files and project tracking records such as time reporting, financial records and summary spreadsheets as required.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Manager within applicable skills, knowledge and abilities.
The successful candidate
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering administration, preferably within a project setting with demonstrated leadership experience.
- Experience with document and cost control and/ or quality systems.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, adobe acrobat, MEX , Beakon and document control specific softwares.
- Self‐motivated with sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Ability to complete and maintain accurate records coupled with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to assess, prioritise and manage multiple activities/projects is essential.
Benefits and Culture
The people within our team come from different walks of life offering a wealth of knowledge and operational experience. Our team is dedicated and passionate to delivering results to provide optimal operations within Australia. We have employees who have been with the Company for over 10,15 and 20 years so we must be doing something right!
For the right candidate, this is an exciting opportunity to join a secure, well established and successful business which provides significant career development prospects.
To submit your application please do so by clicking the “Apply for this job” link and submitting your current resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria.
Applications close on 30 November 2021.
To apply for this position you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia.
Coogee is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity in our workforce and we have fitness for work policies in place at all of our sites.
Please be aware that applicants may be required to provide a National Police Certificate (Australia-wide Criminal History) prior to commencement in this role.
For further information on our company, visit www.coogee.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project administrator?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.